Distribution Center General Assistant
New Westminster, BC, Canada /
Distribution Centre – Distribution and Transportation /
Department: Distribution & Transportation
Reports to: Supervisor, Warehouse
Location: Distribution Center
End date of Contract: September 26th, 2021
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As a Distribution Center General Assistant, you assist in all operations (receiving, shipping, returns and value-added services) in the Distribution Center. You work with a team of supervisors and associates to ensure deadlines and safety standards are met. You are a quick and adaptable learner with excellent attention to detail, and you efficiently move goods while maintaining an organized workspace.
Meet Your Future Team:
We are the final step in the process that connects Arc’teryx as a business with our valued customers. Our team is a key contributor in making Arc’teryx successful and we take pride in getting the job done right and on time. We may operate behind the scenes, but the work we do creates a visibly positive customer experience!
If you were the Distribution Centre General Assistant (Temporary) now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- You receive finished goods according to vendor purchase order and replenish stock
- Organize bin locations and racking levels by set and accurately record information electronically.
- You pack and weigh orders, help prepare shipping and related documents and visually check product to ensure that it is in proper working condition
- You ensure workplace health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the stock security, cleanliness, and organization of the warehouse.
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- In your tenure at Arc’teryx you control your success by meeting our established key performance indicators.
- You are coached on our pillars; Do Right, Evolve, Commit, and Live It, to ensure your development continues in the Arc’teryx way.
- Using your skills and acquired knowledge you can help us improve our operational efficiency. We encourage all staff to provide their feedback on what can be done in a better way.
- We are a company who promotes from within. By putting in the time and showing your excellence, your professional growth into new roles and teams are supported.
Are you our next Distribution Centre General Assistant (Temporary)?
- You have strong English verbal and written communication skills
- You have working knowledge of Windows, Outlook, Excel and ERP systems
- You have high attention to detail, excellent organization skills and flexibility
- You have the ability to work well independently and efficiently without direct supervision and to work effectively as a team
- You are able to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- You are willing to share share your knowledge and train other team members
- You have strong interpersonal skills with ability to take on difficult situations with tact and professionalism
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You are able to balance autonomy and collaboration
- You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment
- You have CSA approved steel toe footwear
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values:
EVOLVE (with us). Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
COMMIT (with us). Set and deliver on bold objectives as we collectively raise the bar.
LIVE IT (with us). Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
DO RIGHT (with us). Create a better world, together.