Product Developer 2
North Vancouver, BC, Canada /
Head Office – Product /
Your Opportunity at ARC’TERYX:
As a Product Developer 2, you are responsible for managing products from design maker phase (concept) through to pre-production (approved to counter) readiness. Your innovative and solutions-focused approach to development ensures that each product you work on meets Arcteryx design intent and Brand integrity requirements.
Meet Your Future Team:
You are part of a focused team of product developers, designers, pattern makers, and cut and sew team that works on creating innovative product. This team builds strong relationships with cross-functional partners to realize ideas into commercialized successes.
If you were the Product Developer 2 now, here are some of the core activities you would be doing:
- Executing the development of product from design maker phase (concept) and intent through to pre-production readiness
- Supporting and influencing the development process to achieve commercial viability of designs through partnership and collaboration with Product Creation, Commercialization and Quality
- Partnering and collaborating with Design, Pattern Making and Sample Sewers to ensure concepts and prototypes meet established fit, quality and construction standards going into pre-production
- Compiling product materials/construction information, and maintain accurate documentation of BOM and technical specifications that will contribute in efficient raw material sourcing and purchasing and accurately produced finished product
- Executing to calendar deliverables, including but not limited to concept sample and prototype development, material validation, estimated costing, initial quality evaluation and approval requirements with key stakeholders
- Ensuring accurate cost estimates and that price targets are achievable to meet and/or exceed target FOB
- Contributing to the creation and evolution of construction standards in conjunction with the QA team
- Working in conjunction with the Product Merchandising, Product Creation and Marketing teams to ensure all external product communication accurately reflects model requirements and specifications
- Communicating opportunities for process improvement with a lean-forward attitude to drive evolution within our Product Creation process
- Supporting the Senior Product Developers with special projects as needed
- Supporting the onboarding and training of new Development Team Assistant hires
- Compiling project scope, activities, and expenditures of projects deemed to be eligible for submission to funding programs (SR&ED, IRAP, NRC, MITACS, etc.) as required
Here are some of the things you could be working on in the future:
- Working with developing in house sampling and direct to factory developments
- Working on future concepting, product testing, alongside the R & D department
- ]Working on the evolution of how we commercialize product cross-functionally
Are you our next Product Developer 2?
- You have 4+ years’ experience in product development (developing product/process) with a focus on technical, innovative apparel and equipment
- You have an Undergraduate Degree OR equivalent industry training, certification, or related business experience
- You have experience effectively communicating with, and travelling to domestic and offshore vendors and manufacturers
- You have experience in product costing and negotiation skills
- You have a comprehensive understanding of design intent, product aesthetics, construction, production and fit
- You have a complete understanding of the product lifecycle process - from ideation to consumer
- You have a strong knowledge of raw materials, technical construction, and sourcing
- You are detailed and accuracy oriented with strong organizational skills
- You demonstrate initiative, agility and commitment
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You are goal driven with a results-oriented attitude
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it
- You thrive in a fast paced, diverse, ever evolving and values led environment
- You have a proven mentorship ability
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills
- You seek to execute the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions with an unwavering commitment to do right
Arc’teryx is committed to actively creating and fostering a culture of inclusivity where voices are heard, people are seen, and values are respected. We care about the uniqueness of our applicants, employees, and guests, and we do so in a safe space fueled by curiosity and acceptance.
Creating an inclusive workplace is connected to our core value Do Right while also having the added benefit of helping make our business better. We believe inclusion helps us to create a healthier, happier workplace, drive creativity and innovation, and reflect the communities where we operate.
All applicants, employees, and guests can expect equality of opportunity and fair treatment in alignment with our values.
Design your Purpose. Live our Values.
EVOLVE (with us). Design your future through challenge, experimentation, and inspiration.
LIVE IT (with us). Deepen your connection to nature and live your most purposeful life.
DO RIGHT (with us). Create a better world, together.