Vice President, Global Stores
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
Head Office – Retail Operations
As the Vice President of Global Retail Stores you are responsible for the management and operations of all Arc’teryx global stores. You are accountable for expansion plans while maintaining the success of each region as we grow. You execute the vision of AMER Retail Global Strategy.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- You manage a team of high performing retail leaders.
- You work in partnership with the VP, Retail Excellence and People & Culture to support the development strategy of retail associates, high potential employees, and retail leaders.
- As a market expert, you build complete store plans and strategy tailored to the market.
- You build and execute function training programs to ensure talent is in the right roles to support retail excellence.
- You create the key initiatives, investments and annual objectives related to store budgets and strategic planning.
- You partner closely with stakeholders at Arc’teryx Head Office to ensure a seamless consumer experience. You focus on product merchandising and allocations/replenishment to drive sales and store productivity.
- You are responsible for driving and achieving all retail targets through accurate budget and sales planning in combination with achieving top Retail KPIs.
- You lead a culture of high performance and accountability, grounded in the values, mission, vision and purpose of Arc’teryx.
- You are responsible for the execution of the Global Playbook for all markets.
- You lead the execution for the “Store of the Future” and best in class retail experience.
Additional experience, education and/or skills required:
- You have a proven track record of building and leading high performing managers.
- You are an expert in retail acceleration best practices and have previous experience leading a global apparel organization through successful growth.
- You lead by example, building rapport and high trust with key stakeholders.
- You have 15+ years’ experience leading cross-functional and integrated marketing/retail teams in a global apparel company.
- You have international working experience, understanding of EMEA, North American and APAC consumers and distribution channels.
- You have a strong awareness of the Arc’teryx brand, product, and consumer.
- You have a strong understanding of the outdoor apparel and lifestyle industry and you understand the retail landscape, including the latest trends and innovations.
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to these objectives.
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions.
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity.
- You effectively balance autonomy and collaboration.
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and strive for continuous improvement.
- You seek the best (sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment to do what is right.
- Your passion for your work is paralleled by your passion for getting outside and living it.
*open to international applicants