Regional Account Manager / Account Executive
Sales – Field Sales
Area 1 Security’s sole focus is to stop phishing attacks on our customers. Our team builds new technologies that protect millions of people from cyber-attacks. We aspire and succeed to reach far beyond today’s security market.
The Region Manager will run sales cycles, beginning to end, in their territory. Cybersecurity is a complex and serious topic; yet the industry is crowded with companies that contribute to this noise, strike a message of fear instead of optimism and further exacerbate the situation for organizations large and small by instilling confusion instead of clarity. You’ll find that Area 1 approaches the security space in a unique way to show that we have solutions and tools to succeed in protecting companies from targeted phishing campaigns.
No textbook will prepare you for this. We are walking down a road never traveled — it makes all the difference. Be prepared to be the CEO of your own territory and all that comes with it.
- Primary responsibility will include creating a sales pipeline of qualified customers to evaluate and use Area 1 services.
- The Regional manager is responsible for prospecting into a set of geographic accounts with a focus on F500.
- Critical to this role will be to build strong relationships with C level executives.
- Partner/reseller relationship development and deal management within the territory plays a large part in a successful territory strategy and will be expected.
- Collect valuable feedback from prospects and customers in the field and report that information back to our product and engineering teams.
- Work closely with your SE counterpart.
- Must possess a start-up mentality: A “no task is too small” attitude is a requirement.
- 5+ years of enterprise sales experience selling to the Fortune 2000 with a background in computer, network and/or software sales (cyber security experience is a plus).10+ years of experience selling complex/ technical systems or solutions.
- Experience managing deal sizes in the $400-800k+ range.
- BA/BS is a requirement; advanced degree in business is a bonus.
- Proven ability to exceed quota each quarter/yearExcellent communication skills- internally and externally. Must be able to effectively communicate our value proposition to an executive audience, as well as relay feedback from the field to our product team.
- Organizational skills - ability to be professionally persistent in follow up and have nothing slip through the cracksTotal customer ownership mentality with appropriate escalation practices within F500 class accounts.
- Communication skills- internally and externally.
- Organizational skills- nothing slips through the cracks level of detail, follow up.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and cold breakfast items.
- Annual performance reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Partially Funded Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Open vacation policy and 12 corporate holidays.
- Stay healthy with our fully funded One Medical membership for you and your dependents.
- 401k plan.
- Commuter benefits.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Anniversary and performance awards.
- Pets welcome!
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!
Area 1 Security is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
*To all recruitment agencies:* Area 1 Security does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Area 1 Security employees or any other company location. Area 1 Security is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.