Senior Product Manager
Redwood City, CA
Product – Product Management
Are you looking for a rapidly growing, fast-paced, small company environment building innovative products to help customers address the most pressing security challenges? Are you a trail-blazer? Do you excel in identifying market opportunities to drive product capabilities? Do you thrive in a cross-functional team environment?
Founded by ex-NSA cybersecurity experts with the rest of the team from security or enterprise software background, Area 1 Security stops the #1 attack vector that leads to security breaches - targeted phishing. We help our customers preempt these attacks across email, web and network vectors. Area 1 Security has been recognized as one of the most innovative security startups by leading analysts and media outlets.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join the team building the next generation of security products targeted for the enterprise markets. The role will be responsible for inbound as well as outbound activities. It requires business acumen and technical expertise. Your job as the product owner will be to define the next generation features for our security products covering email, web and network-based security solutions, interface with customers and analysts, set pricing, do competitive analysis and positioning, and enable our sales and partners.
- Manage security product offerings in one or more of the following areas: email, web and network-based security solutions.
- Create and manage a detailed product roadmap.
- Create MRDs and PRDs.
- Manage product releases in close collaboration with engineering and security teams.
- Manage product pricing.
- Support sales and marketing activities.
- Lead sales and partner enablement activities.
- Engage with customers for product adoption and future direction.
- Must have prior experience in product management of enterprise software products.
- Must have prior experience in security or networking technologies.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Technical background with ability to engage with technical and business audience.
- Experience working on a SaaS platform a plus.
- Experience working in Agile development methodology a plus.
- Some travel expected in support of sales and marketing activities.
- Competitive salary and meaningful equity.
- Catered lunch every weekday, plus a fully stocked kitchen with snacks and cold breakfast items.
- Annual performance reviews - great work is rewarded!
- Partially Funded Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Open vacation policy and 12 corporate holidays.
- Stay healthy with our fully funded One Medical membership for you and your dependents.
- 401k plan.
- Commuter benefits.
- MacBooks are our standard, but we’re happy to get you whatever equipment helps you get your job done.
- Anniversary and performance awards.
- Pets welcome!
- Fun events for employees, friends, and family!
Area 1 Security is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
*To all recruitment agencies:* Area 1 Security does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Area 1 Security employees or any other company location. Area 1 Security is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.