K-4th Grade Associate/Substitute
Mildred Osborne Charter School, New Orleans, LA
ARISE Schools is a New Orleans-based network of high performing schools which includes ARISE Academy, founded in 2008 and located in the Upper 9th Ward, and Mildred Osborne Charter School, founded in 2013 and located in the Kenilworth area. ARISE Schools currently serves over 1,000 students in Kindergarten to 8th grade. ARISE Schools is seeking passionate and innovative leaders to join our team as we work to fulfill our mission of closing the achievement gap for our scholars.
Students, Families & Staff
- Works hard every day to deliver on the promise of an outstanding education for all students
- Cares about others and treats others with respect
- Communicates proactively with team members
- Puts in effort outside of the classroom to build relationships with students and families
- Regularly communicates with parents through phone calls, emails, and notes
- Participates in school committees throughout the academic year
- Supports the lead classroom teachers
- Substitutes for lead teachers in their absence and feels comfortable delivering specific content
- Works with individual children or small groups and collects and enters data from those groupings
- Prepares teaching materials
- Assists lead teachers with data collection and data entry
- Grades homework and tests and keeps records on student performance
- Assists lead teachers in setting and monitoring progress on academic goals with students and families
- Approaches instruction with a sense of urgency: Every minute counts!
- Flexibility and willingness to change (mindset, time, schedule, duties, etc.)
- Seeks out and welcomes constructive feedback on a consistent basis
- Views feedback as a welcome opportunity to improve and practice
- Constantly reflects on successes and areas for growth
- Actively participates in a three week summer intensive professional development and ongoing professional development throughout the school year
- Actively participates in weekly observations and coaching sessions
Personal Organization & Responsibilities
- Meets professional responsibilities through efficient work habits
- Participates in the daily functions of the school including morning duty, lunch, recess and dismissal
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 2 years of teaching and/or substitute experience
- Strong content knowledge of Louisiana Grade Level Expectations
- Strong knowledge of behavior management skills and techniques
- Capable of working with challenging behaviors
- Willingness to grow, receptive to feedback
- Strong drive, work ethic, and organizational skills
- Flexibility, a team player attitude, and ready to tackle to new or challenging situations
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
- Light lifting of equipment may be required (up to 20 lbs.)
- Competitive salary based on experience, education, and expertise.
- A competitive benefits package is also offered [including the opportunity to participate in health insurance, dental insurance, 403(b) retirement matching].
Arise Schools provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.