Supply Chain Scheduler
Elmhurst, IL /
Manufacturer & Co-Packing Company /
ARI WALSH provides our clients with on-demand presentation of the best and brightest talent while giving our candidates career opportunities that will positively impact their lives. Our recruiting specialists place careers in the manufacturing, health care, information technology, and professional industries. We believe that corporate recruiting is a comprehensive approach to talent, it's more than LUCK.
Our manufacturing and co-packing client is seeking a Supply Chain Scheduler to join their team. This is a temp-to-hire position.
The Supply Chain Scheduler will work cross functionally with various departments (Production, Quality, Sanitation, and Project Management) to successfully plan and execute client and internal production requirements. The focus of this position is to maintain the integrity of the production schedule and to drive efficiency through accurate planning so that all clients’ goals are met.
- Adapt to fast paced environment with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Efficiently plan production to minimize company costs and meet product delivery deadlines
- Coordinate and communicate across multiple departments to problem solve and manage the Production schedule for all departments
- Provide leadership and recommend scheduling adjustments to accommodate changing Business needs or customer requests
- Has the desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- Willingness to be flexible in a multi-cultural operational environment
- Meet deadlines and demonstrate effective time management skills
- Monitor the production process and recommend process improvements
- Analyze future forecasting reports and offer solutions to avoid potential bottlenecks
- Analyze material requirements to ensure successful production execution
- Upload and maintain client demand in Syteline (ERP system)
- Meet with client planners on a weekly basis to manage their weekly schedule, address material issues, and address any future capacity bottlenecks
- Coordinate material requirements with the procurement department
- Manage the client schedules in their SAP system.
- Manage project start dates, deadlines, and target quantities
- Manage consumption requirements of existing and upcoming programs
- Comply with company rules regarding food safety, discipline, and regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Production Management or equivalent; High School Diploma or GED required
- ERP software experience; Syteline Experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- New employee orientation
- Safety Procedure
- Internal training or job specific training
- Safety observations
- Tool Box Talks
- Attend facility safety meetings monthly
- Submit reports on any accidents or near miss situations
Food Safety Responsibilities
- Attend all food safety training sessions (GMP, SQF, HACCP, Allergen, Food Facility Security, Preventing Foodborne Illness)
- Participate in company GMP walks
- Enforce company rules regarding food safety and monitoring
- Collaborating with Sanitation Department to create and maintain the schedule where food safety is one of the priorities
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil union status, age, national origin, physical or mental handicap and/or disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.