Bolingbrook, IL /
Concrete Supplier & Producer /
ARI WALSH provides our clients with on-demand presentation of the best and brightest talent while giving our candidates career opportunities that will positively impact their lives. Our recruiting specialists place careers in the manufacturing, health care, information technology, and professional industries. We believe that corporate recruiting is a comprehensive approach to talent, it's more than LUCK.
Our client, a concrete supplier & producer, is seeking a Yard Manager to join their team. The Yard Manager is responsible for managing and growing an established truck/storage yard location in Bolingbrook, Illinois.
Key elements of the position include the collection and processing of monthly payments by truck/storage yard customers, maintaining safe and clean yard environments in compliance with all laws and regulations, responding to customer inquiries and requests, reporting to management, and performing general yard maintenance and upkeep.
Normal business hours will be spent at the two yards and yard offices as well as traveling between the yards. However, the Yard Manager will also be expected to respond to customer needs and yard issues during non-business hours in-person or by phone when the situation requires.
The Yard Manger will interact with truck/storage yard customers, report to management, and coordinate with outside service personnel including security and waste disposal services. There is no formal dress code, but work attire must always be appropriate.
- Ideal candidates will have some over-the-road truck driving experience and a Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) along with experience with truck/storage yard facilities.
- Candidates will need to be familiar and comfortable around over-the-road trucks and construction equipment.
- The position will not require travel but the candidate will need to be flexible in order to accommodate evening and weekend work to respond to a time-sensitive customer or yard issue when needed.
- The candidate must be assertive but with good inter-personal people skills, good communication skills, and good organizational skills.
- The candidate will need to be comfortable with some digital technology including smart phones, remote cameras, and credit card processing machines.
- Candidates will need to be able to pass a pre-employment physical exam and drug test.
- Compensation is comprised of an annual base salary paid biweekly and an incentive compensation program based on yard performance - which has the potential to produce significant additional monthly income.
- Total compensation also includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, and access to a 401(k) retirement savings program.
- A company cell phone and vehicle may also be provided.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil union status, age, national origin, physical or mental handicap and/or disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.