Distribution Area Manager (2nd Shift)
Romeoville, IL /
Manufacturer and Distribution Company /
ARI WALSH provides our clients with on-demand presentation of the best and brightest talent while giving our candidates career opportunities that will positively impact their lives. Our recruiting specialists place careers in the manufacturing, health care, information technology, and professional industries. We believe that corporate recruiting is a comprehensive approach to talent, it's more than LUCK.
Our manufacturer and distribution client in Romeoville, IL is seeking a Distribution Area Manager to join their team! This is an opening for 2nd shift.
The Distribution Area Manager will provide leadership, direction and hands on involvement for Distribution department. Plan/Execute daily activities to ensure internal/external customer demands are met. Drive continuous improvement of safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost in are of responsibility through the use of Lean Manufacturing tools. Measures, gives feedback, rewards and /or top-grades associates to ensure that the right talent is on the team.
- Daily supervision of staff to ensure internal and external customer demands are met.
- Manage projects and set direction for areas of responsibility.
- Leads teams in meeting safety, quality, delivery, inventory, and cost goals through the use of Lean Manufacturing tools.
- Tracks each team's achievement of Standard of Work and ensures the team records all improvement opportunities.
- Responsible for creating and executing data-driver action plans to improve standard work and performance.
- Works with order management to evaluate customer orders versus available labor and materials. Develop a daily and weekly build/ship plan and meet on-time delivery objectives.
- Manage labor availability to complete work load and work to enhance cross-training for increased labor flexibility.
- Enlists all associates in the commitment to excellence by communicating appropriate business information in a timely manner.
- Acts as liaison between line associates and Operations Manager.
- Creates and executes policy deployment action plans through all areas of responsibility by using Danaher Business System tools, budget reports, and short and long-term company goals.
- Ensure all associates are knowledgeable of, and comply with, all company policies.
- Works with technical staff to pursue process improvement activities.
- Evaluates associates' performance, development plans and merit recommendations. Coaches, trains and counsels associates to improve performance. Works closely with HR department to resolve issues resulting from unacceptable associate's behavior. Top-grades talent as required to ensure a strong team.
- Recommends hiring and terminations, partnering with HRBP.
- Direct reports are hourly associates and may include exempt staff (supervisors or technical professionals). Total supervisory responsibility up up to 80 associates.
- Assists in development and monitoring of area budget.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
- 3 or more years of leadership experience (project teams, staff supervision, etc.) with a BA/BS Degree. Supply Chain, Physical Science, Engineering or Business degree preferred. Master degree a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with both Sr. Leaders and Associates.
- Data and Fact-Based problem solving and reporting skills.
- Scheduling, planning, and project management skills and experience preferred.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Solid data analysis and/or reporting skills.
- Lean manufacturing experience (Kaizens, Kanban, root cause counter measures, etc.)
- Basic financial understanding.
- Experience with Inventory management.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is constantly required to stand/or sit. The employee frequently, uses hands to: finger, handle, feel or operate objects and computer keyboards. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, bend, kneel, crouch or crawl, squat, turn/twist, reach and talk, hear, and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push or pull up to 10 pounds and/or occasionally lift, carry, push or pull up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, electrical currents, vibrations, fumes, odors, dusts, gases, chemicals, oils, extreme temperatures and work space restrictions.
- The noise level in the work environment is occasionally loud.
- Employees will be required to wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) which may include: eye, hearing and respiratory protection, protective smock, steel toe shoes, gloves, hard hats, or face shields. Contact lenses may not be allowed in some areas.
- The duties listed in job descriptions are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
- External hiring into this position is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check and possible credit history review.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil union status, age, national origin, physical or mental handicap and/or disability, citizenship, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.