Senior Software Engineer
Boston, MA /
Automation & Software /
Ark Biotech is powering the most important infrastructure buildout of this generation to transform how people consume protein. Ark is a B2B company engineering and designing next-generation production systems for the cultivated meat industry. We are a venture-backed startup driven by a desire to create a better food system for the planet and its inhabitants. At Ark, you will have the opportunity to solve difficult problems that matter and apply cutting-edge engineering and science in an environment that rewards creativity and visionary approaches.
Ark is seeking a Software Engineer with experience in software development for a hardware end-product. This person will play a key role in developing and maintaining the engine behind Ark’s novel bioreactor automation solution.
You will bring software development experience to Ark’s multidisciplinary team of engineers and scientists, helping us set standards and best practices for our programming processes while bringing scientific concepts and ideas to life. The Software Engineer will be a creative problem-solver, responsible for coding the Digital Twin platform and building the supporting infrastructure (e.g., AWS infrastructure, DB configuration).
The role of the Software Engineer is an excellent opportunity for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, where innovation is expected.
- Full-time, exempt
- Greater Boston area
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible holiday and vacation time, 401k matching, stock options, and opportunity for career advancement as the company grows
- Develop, build, and maintain innovative, high-quality, production-ready software solutions in an agile development environment
- Set up infrastructure and testing environments (GIT, dockers, cloud infrastructure, backend database, etc.)
- Set up infrastructure and testing environments for automation code and connectivity (PLC/edge/cloud)
- System-wide integration testing for bidirectional communication between Digital Twin simulation to industrial automation
- Industrialization of Digital Twin simulation
- Development and implementation of the Ark process data model
- Construct technical guidelines and governance around software development, while owning the timeline and process
- Adhere to the relevant documentation and quality standards
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, with fluency in Python or other modern programming languages; experience with scientific computing languages is a plus
- Experience writing code for hardware end-products, preferably for industrial equipment
- BS in computer science, electrical engineering, or other relevant fields
- Experience working in CI/CD environment
- Knowledge of the standards and best practices in software development
- Knowledge of agile development practices and experience working in Scrum teams
- Self-starter who thrives in ambiguity and is driven to translate ideas into production-ready software
- Experience with RESTful APIs and database design is ideal
Ark Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.