Talent Acquisition Manager
Full Time /
Ark Biotech is powering the most important infrastructure buildout of this generation to transform how people consume protein. Ark is a B2B company engineering and designing next-generation production systems for the cultivated meat industry. We are a venture-backed startup driven by a desire to create a better food system for the planet and its inhabitants. At Ark, you will have the opportunity to solve difficult problems that matter and apply cutting-edge engineering and science in an environment that rewards creativity and visionary approaches.
Ark is embarking on an exciting phase of growth, and is seeking a self-motivated and scrappy Talent Acquisition Manager. The ideal candidate will have experience recruiting for engineering roles at a fast-moving company, and have a passion for growing teams. This position will interface with multiple stakeholders at Ark, working to refine the hiring needs of the organization, and enabling seamless interview processes.
While this role will be focused on talent acquisition, this is an incredibly exciting position for someone looking to expand their people management skillset, and attain career growth within an early-stage company and in an emerging industry.
- Full-time, exempt
- Greater Boston area
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible holiday and vacation time, 401k matching, stock options, and opportunity for career advancement as the company grows
- Lead and oversee the entire recruitment process from start to finish, which includes finding candidates, evaluating them, managing interviews, and making fair and timely hiring decisions.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to define job roles, create job descriptions, and establish a process for assessing candidates.
- Identify potential candidates for various engineering positions, such as software, modeling, mechanical, bioprocess, and team leadership.
- Prioritize strategies for both short-term and long-term success in recruiting and retaining candidates effectively.
- Take full ownership of multiple ongoing recruitment efforts.
- The ideal candidate should also be capable of handling other HR responsibilities, including employee relations, performance management, and benefits administration.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with at least one role in an start-up environment
- Scrappy and innovative, always looking for creative ways to source the best candidates
- Track record of success in hiring talent across a range of engineering and scientific disciplines
- People whisperer - you are influential, great at getting buy-in and cutting through the noise to understand what people really want versus what they say that want
- An organized owner, able to balance a long to-do list without letting anything drop
- A hustler at heart and you thrive under pressure
$85,000 - $95,000 a year
Salary range based on 5 years of experience. Candidate will also receive equity.
Ark Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.