Product CAD Designer
Full Time - Remote
Ark Biotech is powering the most important infrastructure buildout of this generation to transform how people consume protein. Ark is a B2B company engineering and designing next-generation production systems for the cultivated meat industry. We are a venture-backed startup driven by a desire to create a better food system for the planet and its inhabitants. At Ark, you will have the opportunity to solve difficult problems that matter and apply cutting-edge engineering and science in an environment that rewards creativity and visionary approaches.
The Product CAD Designer will be responsible for translating bioreactor system design specifications into shovel-ready documents. The designer will work closely with design engineers and fabricators to ensure accurate, timely, and cost-effective engineering deliverables, and provide necessary support in bioreactor system fabrication.
The role is a great opportunity for an entrepreneurial, self-motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, creative environment.
- Full-time, exempt
- Remote with some travel (<4 days a month) or Greater Boston area
- Benefits include health, dental, and vision coverage, flexible holiday and vacation time, 401k matching, stock options, and opportunity for career advancement as the company grows
- Produces pressure vessel, skid/platform, and piping models and drawings based on product specifications and P&ID utilizing SolidWorks
- Develop Bills of Materials
- Read and interpret product specifications, P&ID’s, and engineering packages/calculations to ensure design package accounts for all requirements
- Provide fabrication support with drawing and technical expertise as required
- Mechanical ability to assist when needed in fabrication support
- Advanced SolidWorks Mechanical software proficiency
- Mechanical/Piping/Frame design aptitude and understanding
- Working knowledge of dimensioning and drafting standards
- Understanding of welding symbols and requirements
- Basic understanding of processing equipment
- Understanding of fabrication of stainless steel products
- The ability to adapt to work with tight deadlines
- Ability and attitude to work in a dynamic design environment to complete fast paced technically advanced products with minimal supervision
- Verifiable experience in developing 3D models and 2 dimensional CAD drawings using SolidWorks
- Experience in pressure vessel and piping design and requirements
- Experience in an industrial manufacturing environment or related field
- Experience reading, understanding and meeting product specifications, P&ID’s, and Plan view drawings
Ark Biotech is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.