Emerging Markets Economist
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious EM strategist or economist in a AI / Machine learning company (ideally a buy-side or sell-side strategist or economist with a focus on EM) to solve some of the biggest problems hedge funds, fund managers and investment banks face using AI and financial domain knowledge.
Arkera is a real-time market intelligence platform built by traders and strategists to uncover the most difficult forms of market moving information from an ocean of news. In this role you will work alongside a team of traders, economists, software engineers and machine learning scientists to help surface, research and compile the highest quality investing content and market intelligence.
You will build out the “next generation” of market intelligence solutions which are cognitive in nature. Our clients are the biggest hedge funds, fund managers and investment banks and the asset classes we are focused on at the moment are fixed income, FX and equities.
What we look for:
- Outstanding academics in a relevant subject
- Strong research skills
- Should love markets and have a strong understanding of financial markets and economics
- High level networking and communication skills; comfortable in voicing opinions and receiving feedback within a highly collaborative, team-oriented culture
- Experience of EM FX, Rates and broader central bank thinking is beneficial
- Ability to surface investing topics by tapping your knowledge and network in financial markets
- Deep interest in using technology to disrupt important facets of the financial sector
We offer a very competitive compensation package in line with other finance and technology companies, including private health insurance, private pension, stock options, remote working options, discounted gym membership, free coffees and drinks etc.
We have an awesome private office at WeWork South Bank Central!