San Francisco, CA
Operations – Legal
About Arkose Labs
Arkose Labs is a fast-growing startup that is disrupting the fraud industry by putting the control back into the hands of digital businesses with an innovative approach that bankrupts the underlying business model of fraudsters. Its patented platform combines Telemetry with an Adaptive Step-Up challenge. Telemetry accurately identifies bad actors, while the Adaptive Step-Up wears them down and diminishes their ROI without adding friction for good customers. The world’s largest brands trust Arkose Labs to protect their customer journey while delivering unrivaled customer experience.
Learn more about Arkose Labs from our innovation sandbox presentation at RSA:https://youtu.be/Fyhr_ZuveLM
We are looking for a Contracts Manager to help support the legal and sales function. You will be the first hire in our legal department. This role is crucial to help drive growth as part of a close-knit commercial legal team. The successful candidate will be comfortable managing commercial sales deals and making quick decisions that comply with company policy and strategy. This position is located in our San Francisco office.
- Provide primary legal support for enterprise commercial transactions and procurement matters, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial agreements: primarily licensing and service agreements and NDAs
- Provide input and assist in drafting various legal templates and sales training materials to improve the delivery and scalability of legal resources to a worldwide, distributed client base
- Proactively communicate issues back to management and drive good business, legal and operational processes throughout the organization
- 8-10+ years of relevant experience as a transactional paralegal or contracts manager at a company or law firm
- Experience in contract database systems and/or workflow systems
- Substantial experience in contract review and drafting, and negotiating complex commercial and technology agreements
- Familiarity with cloud service/SaaS agreements and software licenses
- Experience with GDPR & CCPA
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgment
- Communicating effectively in person, in groups, over email and more formal documentation
- An excellent negotiator with strong influencing skills and experience at leading teleconference negotiations with customers
- Ability to collaborate with and influence cross-functional teams and partners in an agile, fast-moving environment
- Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in cybersecurity or fraud prevention
- Start-up experience
Why Arkose Labs?
The unique opportunity to join an early stage, high growth startup, venture-backed by PayPal, with pioneering technology built by an ambitious team who are passionate about their product and love coming to work every day.
The chance to work with some of the biggest names in the market such as Roblox, Blackhawk Network, MeWe and Twilio!
You will be a part of a diverse and high performing environment that values and recognizes your contributions and unique perspectives and experience: we value what you bring to the culture.
We hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
What sets Arkose Labs apart is that we:
- are independent thinkers and take ownership
- constructively challenge one another
- demonstrate empathy for our customers and obsess about solving their problems
- execute with urgency
- make data-driven decisions
We focus on professional growth and development and offer continuing education.
Competitive salary, equity, and a robust benefits package includes top-notch medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, commuter benefits and we cover 95% of the cost of employee benefits and 65% of the cost of dependent care coverage! We also offer flexible PTO and some WFH opportunities as needed.
AMAZING office in the heart of the FiDi.
Company events both on and off-site as well as volunteering initiatives!
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.