Quality Assurance Engineer
Brisbane, Australia /
Engineering – Quality Assurance Engineers /
About Arkose Labs
Arkose Labs is a fast-growing fraud prevention startup which is recognized by Gartner as a
2020 Cool Vendor. Backed by Microsoft and PayPal, it is disrupting the fraud industry by
putting the control back into the hands of digital businesses with an innovative approach
that bankrupts the underlying business model of fraudsters. The Arkose Labs Fraud and
Abuse Prevention Platform combines real-time intelligence, rich analytics and interactive
step-up challenges to progressively diminish the profitability of attacks while adapting to
evolving attack patterns. Arkose Labs offers the only fraud solution with a 100% SLA
guarantee. The world’s largest brands trust Arkose Labs to protect their customer journey
while delivering unrivaled customer experience.
Learn more about Arkose Labs from our innovation sandbox presentation at RSA:https://youtu.be/Fyhr_ZuveLM
- Assure quality within a small high-performance team. You report directly to the Lead Test Analyst.
- Create and maintain test cases
- Perform test case runs across multiple web browsers and devices
- Enter, track, verify, and close bugs and other software issues
- Use virtual machines and testing tools to simulate various conditions to represent our users
- Sign off on test results to enable frequent product and website updates
- Manage rollout of new builds and configuration changes with a world-class AWS infrastructure
- Create and run queries on huge data sets to glean insights about usability, security, and performance
- Assist Customer Service staff with issues reported by users
- Design and execute automated tests (eg selenium)
To be successful you will demonstrate
- Tertiary education or work experience related to software testing, including systematic bug finding and reporting
- Portfolio of software projects you have tested
- Tolerance for complexity and mystery in pursuit of excellent software performance
- A high attention to detail
- Traits that make you inquisitive, self-starting, and enthusiastic
- Abilities both to work autonomously and interface with a team
Other nice-to-have experience qualifications
- Writing new test cases
- Using virtual machines and other software configuration tools Database (SQL) query building
- Software coding
Tools you will use in this role
- Microsoft Excel
- Database experience (e.g. Athena, SQL)
- Amazon Web Services console
Why Arkose Labs?
The unique opportunity to join an early stage, high growth startup, venture-backed by Microsoft and PayPal, with pioneering technology built by an ambitious team who are passionate about their product and love coming to work every day.
The chance to work with some of the biggest names in the market such as Microsoft, EA, Singapore Airlines, Roblox, Github, and Blackhawk Network!
You will be a part of a diverse and high performing environment that values and recognizes your contributions and unique perspectives and experience: we value what you bring to the culture.
We hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
What sets Arkose Labs apart is that we:
- are independent thinkers and take ownership
- constructively challenge one another
- demonstrate empathy for our customers and obsess about solving their problems
- execute with urgency
- make data-driven decisions
We focus on professional growth and development and offer continuing education.
- Flexible hardware options (e.g. Mac, Linux)
- Drinks and team activities every Friday from 2pm
- Flexible working hours and working from home days
- Excellent work/life balance
- Modern office in the heart of Fortitude Valley
We are currently in a transition from a start-up to a scale-up business, are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Company events both on and off-site as well as volunteering initiatives!
Arkose Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer that makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition, military or veteran status, citizenship, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. In addition, Arkose Labs will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.