Senior Account Executive (East Coast)
Are you a shown outside/field enterprise seller with a history of exceeding sales quota and experience selling to technical DevOps or Infrastructure buyers (SVP Eng / CTO / Engineering Managers)? Are you looking for the next step in your career? If so, we've got a perfect opportunity for you:
Armory is looking to hire several enterprise sales account executives. You’ll be working closely with Sales leadership to help build out our sales process, structure and team.
Are you someone with proven experience selling at the executive level of Global 2,000 enterprises. Experience working at companies that focus on devops or other infrastructure tooling is a huge plus. Someone that has previously sold to engineering managers and engineering leaders (SVP Eng, CTO) and is comfortable running a solutions-based, technical selling process. We want sophisticated sellers who are great at matching customer needs with the value Armory can provide. We are not looking for coin-operated, high pressure sellers. Huge bonus if you have a computer science, engineering or mathematics degree and/or have previously been an application developer or sales engineer.
We are commercializing an open-source project and there is plenty of inbound demand coming from the OSS community, we need sellers who can take interested leads on a customer journey of qualification, discovery, evaluation, and technical fit, while successfully solving for the needs of the champion(typically an engineering manager) and the buyer(typically an engineering leader). Part of your role will be putting sales best-practices into place, including discipline around our CRM and high touch points, to better service that demand. If this describes you, we’d love to talk.
Do you have experience with some or most of the below?
- 10 years of selling experience (Sales Engineer experience applies)
- Grown a territory
- Experience selling to executive level buyers in the field
- Previously worked as an Enterprise Account Executive at a company in the devops or infrastructure space
- Has carried quota and has a history of meeting or exceeding quota targets
- Strong sales discipline
- Knows how to source leads (the founders have a lot of unique tools in the toolbox to help here)
- Knows how to run and manage a tight CRM-based deal funnel
- Enjoys moving deals through the funnel
- Is excited to work on a variable comp basis to align comp w/ sales output
- Is excited to tell Armory’s story and find companies that want to ship better software, faster
Does the following also apply to you? Let us know!
- Is passionate about handling and growing an enterprise sales team over time
- Has previously worked as an application developer and/or has an engineering, computer science or mathematics degree
- Familiar with the suite of sales tools we already use: Salesforce, Mixmax or Outreach, Slack, Intercom, Contract systems like: pandadoc, docusign
- Has an interest in sales operations, specifically in building out sales & marketing automation tools to make his/her role more effective, and scaling those as the sales team grows
- Has a history of working closely with product marketing and marketing automation functions to craft a seamless demand gen + selling workflow
Everyone at Armory works reasonable, flexible hours. We look for people who are thoughtful, can break down problems, work individually sometimes, and in pairs or teams at other times. You are trusted to work on your own but ask for help when you are blocked. Empathy for your coworkers and our customers is a meaningful part of success here. As an early stage startup, most people wear many hats. We'll work with you to find the balance of what you want to do, what you are good at, and how that fits in with the company goals.
Armory is a Series B startup backed by Insight, Y Combinator (W17), Bain Capital, Crosslink Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners based in San Mateo, Ca. We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So we’re building a platform to help software teams ship better software, faster by commercializing Spinnaker (Netflix OSS), a next-gen immutable infrastructure CD platform that enables blue/green deploys, canaries & rollbacks.Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive. This helps companies innovate faster, and win.
Take a peek at the perks & benefits of working at Armory: http://go.Armory.io/Peek
More about Armory and our long-term vision: http://go.Armory.io/Manifesto
Check out our CEO’s Manifesto: http://go.Armory.io/CEO-Manifesto
+ Full Time Only
+ Rockies Territory
+ We will sponsor visas
+ Relocation Assistance Available
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.