We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So we’re building a platform to help software teams ship better software, faster. Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive. This helps companies innovate faster, and win.
Armory is a Series A startup backed by Y Combinator(W17), Bain Capital, Crosslink Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners. The founders have largely been doing“whiteboard selling” to date. We’ve found a formula that works well, and we’re looking to bring our first dedicated Solutions Architect in to help support the growing demand we’re seeing from the market.
We’re looking for a Solutions Architect that is highly technical and comfortable in front of customers. Your role is to on-board new customers and prospects onto our platform by being the technical point of contact during sales calls, proof-of-concepts, and on-boarding. This is a critical role that has largely been performed by our CTO, but requires a dedicated person(and eventually a full team) as we gear up for scaling.
Do you have experience with some or most of the below? We'd love to talk!
- 5+ years experience in a software engineering role
- DevOps expertise: 2+ years, including CI/CD with continuous testing and automation of containers
- Advanced hands-on experience with shifting companies from monoliths to the cloud: AWS as preferred experience, GCP and Azure experience highly valued
- Strong experience using tools like Jenkins, Artifactory, DockerHub and other products that sit in the software delivery lifecycle(SDLC)
- Preference for candidates with Docker, Kubernetes, Helm, Blue/Green Deployments and Canary Deployments experience
- Able to on-board customers remotely or on-site(some travel may be required)
- HUGE PLUS if you are familiar with OSS Spinnaker and are part of the Spinnaker community
- Would prefer candidate work onsite in San Mateo but remote is ok
Everyone at Armory works reasonable, flexible hours. We look for people who are thoughtful, can break down problems, work individually sometimes, and in pairs or teams at other times. You are trusted to work on your own but ask for help when you are blocked. Empathy for your coworkers and our customers is an important part of success here. As an early stage startup, most people wear many hats. We'll work with you to find the balance of what you want to do, what you are good at, and how that fits in with the company goals.
Our long term vision is to unlock massive enterprise value for companies through software. We’re commercializing Spinnaker(Netflix OSS), a next-gen immutable infrastructure CD platform that enables blue/green deploys, canaries & rollbacks. Learn more at http://go.Armory.io/Evaluate
Take a peek at the perks & benefits of working at Armory: http://go.Armory.io/Awesome
More about Armory and our long-term vision: http://go.Armory.io/Manifesto
Check out our CEO’s Manifesto: http://go.Armory.io/CEO-Manifesto
Find out about our Key Values: https://www.keyvalues.com/armory
+ Full Time Only
+ We will sponsor visas
+ Relocation Assistance Available
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.