Director, Product Marketing
We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity, so we’re building a platform to help software teams ship that software faster and more safely. We are looking for the right Director of Product Marketing to join our Marketing team at the company headquarters in San Mateo. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will work cross-functionally with the sales, product, engineering and customer success teams, as well as with the executive team directly. You will also engage directly with users and contributors in the community behind Spinnaker, the open source project we are contributing to and commercializing. This a mission-critical position that will have direct impact on the success of Armory and Spinnaker, helping to make Spinnaker the de facto standard for software delivery, and on the accelerating growth of Armory.
If you are excited by the future we are creating, and you match up well with what we’re looking for below, let’s chat!
What you’ll do in this role:
- Positioning and messaging: create and hone the messages that will communicate our value proposition and differentiate Spinnaker and Armory effectively. Develop and communicate persona descriptions and their needs. Ensure every prospect and customer touchpoint reinforces our brand proposition and drives more prospects from consideration to customer.
- Target market segmentation: research, define, size and prioritize target markets. Identify ideal customer profiles and articulate key customer benefits, core value propositions, ROI metrics and success characteristics.
- Product definition and validation: gather and quantify feedback from customers, the market, the industry and the competition to continuously guide our roadmap and confirm we’re blazing the best path. Partner with our Product team to craft the right product offerings to solve our customers’ needs.
- Sales enablement: build compelling sales tools, collateral and training that enables our sellers to communicate our value, address objections and differentiate us from competitors.
- Market intelligence: be the expert on Armory’s buyers in each segment, how they buy; and their buying criteria; use this knowledge to inform product development, marketing, and business development.
- Pricing strategy: define, test and fine-tune our pricing to ensure we’re maximizing revenue while creating win-win relationships with happy customers.
- Competitive analysis: identify our actual and potential competitors and evaluate their strategies. Assess their relative strengths and weaknesses and devise counter-strategies. Educate salespeople on competitive positioning strategies.
- Communication: effectively evangelize Spinnaker and Armory success with key influencers in the press, analyst and industry communities to boost awareness and establish our thought leadership position.
What we'll provide:
- An exciting, fast-paced startup where you can make an impact from day one
- A company that makes decisions based on facts and data and where your work makes a difference
- A small but experienced marketing team that welcomes the knowledge and experience you bring, values your contribution, and is ready to support you in every initiative
- World-class enterprise customers that value the technology and trust it to deliver important results for them every day
- A great leadership team that provides unmatched transparency into the business, values empathy and authenticity, and welcomes diverse ideas, a growth mindset and critical thinking
What you’ll bring:
- You're a strategic thinker with 5-10 years of experience in a B2B product marketing role, ideally in the software development and delivery markets
- You have experience with modern cloud infrastructure and DevOps solutions, and the challenges companies are facing as they move to public, private or hybrid clouds
- You worked on commercializing open source projects and worked successfully with open source communities
- You operate at a strategic level to define new market opportunities and assess product-market fit and also tactically to drive projects and deliverables to successful completion
- You are a clear thinker and communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills
- You have first-rate project management, teamwork, interpersonal and relationship management skills and are comfortable interacting at all levels of the organization and with customers, prospects, partners and influencers
- You have the flexibility and resilience necessary to work in a fast-moving startup environment that is constantly experimenting with new approaches and new ways of working
Why join Armory:
- We have real traction with some of the largest enterprises and technology companies using Spinnaker and Armory
- We are solving the important problem of accelerating the delivery of software value, which we cover more in our manifesto at http://go.Armory.io/Manifesto
- We have a unique and powerful company culture that’s redefining how people work, and which you can learn more about at http://go.Armory.io/Peek
Armory is a Series B startup backed by Insight, Y Combinator (W17), Bain Capital, Crosslink Capital, and Javelin Venture Partners based in San Mateo, Ca. We believe software is the highest leverage way to improve humanity. So we’re building a platform to help software teams ship better software, faster by commercializing Spinnaker (Netflix OSS), a next-gen immutable infrastructure CD platform that enables blue/green deploys, canaries & rollback. Our platform automates software delivery to make engineers happy and productive. This helps companies innovate faster, and win.