Wine Access - Django Developer
Wine Access /
Why Wine Access?
The world’s most inspiring wines are made in small quantities. Finding them is the hard part.
For over 25 years, we have traveled the globe’s wine trails in search of wines that exceed the expectations defined by their price. At Wine Access, we share our experiences with our members, enabling them to tell the stories behind the wines they serve to family and friends. Backed by top-tier investor Norwest Venture Partners, we are aggressively scaling to dominate the premium wine market.
We are searching for an innately curious, solution-oriented Django Engineer who has worked within the Python web framework professionally for at least 3 years. In this highly critical role you will work with a wide variety of stakeholders, from Operations and Members Services to Marketing and Finance.
The person in this role will help make the Wine Access member and employee experience an easier and more enjoyable one. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, data architecture and engineering, problem-solving, front-end work, development of predictive models, dev-ops, and the deployment and maintenance of those models.
While San Francisco or Napa are preferred, we are open to a remote work scenario.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
- 3+ years working with Python
- Strong computer science background
- 3+ years experience with Python web frameworks (Django, Flask, etc)
- 3+ years working with open-source relational database systems (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Experience with search tools such as Solr and Elasticsearch
- Experience working in a Linux environment (ubuntu preferred)Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to accurately estimate work
- Commitment to provide quality completed deliverables with well-factored, maintainable code
- Experience with VCS (git, hg or svn)
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Vue
- Experience with microservices architectures
- Experience with serverless architectures (AWS Lambda, Python Zappa, Serverless Framework)
- Experience in e-commerce development
- Experience building and designing REST-based web services using JSON
- Experience with DevOps (configuration and installation of apache/nginx/memcached/varnish, etc)
- Experience with AWS (EC2, RDS)
- Experience with Bootstrap and/or Foundation
- Competitive salaries commensurate with experience
- Medical & Dental
- Paid time off
- And more!
Wine Access and Aronow Recruiting are an equal opportunity employers and value diversity in order to provide the best work environments and customer experience possible. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.