Associate, Assurance Services - October 2019 / January 2020
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for eight consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2018, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC is excited to present a unique opportunity to the “best of the best,” top of their class, motivated and focused accounting students who are on track to graduate their undergraduate or graduate degree with 150 credit hours in 2019.
Our firm is focused on providing opportunities to well-rounded high performers with a proven track record of academic excellence. We seek students who understand that passion, diligence and focus are integral to successful academic and professional pursuits. We are an organization that recognizes and rewards those who take initiative in their future. This is an opportunity to work with a firm that encourages you to pave your own path and take ownership of your career.
Ideal candidates will be a junior or senior level Accounting Major at an accredited College or University with the ability to reside in Montgomery County/DC Metro Area.
- Assisting on assurance engagements to include audits, reviews and compilations
- Executing test work procedures over various financial statement areas including cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, expense analysis, trial balance and financial statement preparation
- Demonstrating good workpaper techniques and understands objectives of workpapers
- Beginning to identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to the engagement team
- Gaining an understanding of Firm policies, procedures, and professional standards through observation and inquiry and adheres to them
- Demonstrates positive attitude towards Firm and profession
- Represents the Firm in a favorable and professional manner
- Develops initiative, interpersonal skills, and practical application of technical knowledge
- Performs other related duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other Firm management
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical
- Overtime is required during busy season (January through April) and occasionally throughout the remainder of the year
- A strong interest in beginning your career practicing audit in public accounting upon receiving your undergraduate or graduate
- 3.3 or higher cumulative GPA strongly preferred with equal or stronger performance in your major
- Must meet the minimum requirements for the CPA exam (e.g., 150 credit hours) before start date of employment
- Participation in extracurricular activities and demonstration of leadership abilities
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Sharp analytical skills enhanced by a commitment to professional development
- Desire to work closely with Partners and clients to provide exceptional service
- Previous hands-on public accounting internship experience is preferred
*Please list your GPA and anticipated graduation date (with 150 credit hours) on your resume and cover letter
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer