Information Security Managing Consultant
Rockville, Maryland /
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2020, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson has an immediate opening for an Information Security Managing Consultant to join the Consulting Team. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance and tax services to some of the largest and most dynamic organizations in the area.
- Client Service, Communication & Relationships
- Develop strategy for building a security advisory practice and determine key practice building activities for team
- Develop and enhance security solution offerings and assets (e.g. whitepapers, best practices, methodology, etc.)
- Identify new business development opportunities
- Develop responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP) and Statements of Work (SOW)
- Develop and sustain trusted business advisor relationships with clients
- Demonstrate understanding of client challenges with meeting cybersecurity regulatory requirements (e.g. DOD CMMC, NIST 800-171) and proposing and delivering appropriate solutions
- Develop strategy for recruiting and onboarding talented staff to meet growing project demands
- Engagement Economics, Time Management & Project Management
- Support variety of projects related but not limited to Operations & Maintenance, Helpdesk Operations, Software and Application Development and Maintenance, and Project and Acquisition Management
- Improve the operational systems, processes, and policies in support of the client’s business through the management and guidance of multiple work streams, teams, and clients
- Provide input to key deliverable structure and content, as well as facilitating buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels
- Direct timely delivery of quality work products for the client
- Make recommendations for enhancing information systems security to address gaps in meeting regulatory requirements (e.g. DOD CMMC)
- Manage project pricing and budgets
- Manage engagement risk
- Ownership, Initiative & Leadership
- Provide professional development of junior staff performing the role of counselor and coach, as well as providing leadership and support
- Ability to lead multiple teams and multiple clients with confidence
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills
- Technical Skills
- Strong Cyber, Cyber Risk, or QA technical knowledge and expertise in addition to familiarity with associated processes, standards and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience with risk management methodologies and Federal security regulations, standards, and processes including NIST and CMMC
- 4+ years Consulting and/or government contracting required
- 4+ years education, Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Systems Security, Cybersecurity, or related field required
- CISSP preferred
- CISM preferred
- CISA Preferred
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer