Managing Consultant - CAS Compliance
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2019, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Managing Consultant to join the Government Contracting Industry Services Group within the Consulting Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective consulting services to a wide variety of government contracting businesses.
- Extensive interaction with clients in the government contracting industry, while offering consultative advisory/services across the government contracting life cycle
- Client offerings include FAR/CAS/OMB Circular Consultations, DCAA audit review and support, full cycle incurred cost submissions, budget review/analysis, contract review and regulatory compliance. Specifically the applicant must have skills in order to prepare and review the following:
- - Indirect Rate Budgets
- - Forward Pricing Rate Submissions
- - Incurred Cost Submissions
- - CASB Form DS-1
- - Cost Impact Analysis
- - SF 1408, Pre-Award Accounting System Review Questionnaire
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members on engagements and review work papers
- Identify compliance risks and challenges & propose alternatives to offer the best solution
- Support for clients under DCAA (or other cognizant audit agency) audits, including preparation of response to audit findings on incurred cost audits, 1408 accounting system reviews, and proposal audits.
- Support preparation of cost volumes for proposals
- Support development of adequate business systems under the DFARS requirements (Accounting, Material Management & Accounting, and Estimating)Deliver highest level of customer service to clients, including those at the executive level
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience working directly for a government contractor or as a consultant
- Industry knowledge of federal contracts to include the full life cycle, from the development of provisional billing rates, proposal pricing and billing to reconciliation of unbilled receivables, and completing contract closeouts and final billings
- Strong understanding of Federal government billing process and requirements
- Demonstrated ability to support DCAA (or other cognizant agency) Audits
- Mastered knowledge of the DFARS Accounting System Requirements
- General knowledge of DFARS Material Management & Accounting System and Estimating System
- Desire to work in a client facing, consultative role
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Software and experience working on accounting systems such as Unanet, Deltek, Jamis, Quickbooks, and/or Microsoft Dynamic
- Willing to travel locally (DC/MD/VA) and some non local travel on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree and CPA MBA or PMP preferred
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer