Manager/ Senior Manager, Accounting Advisory
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2019, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Manager, Accounting Advisory to join our Accounting Advisory Services Practice. Working closely and collaboratively with clients, the Manager will provide a full range of advisory services including financial reporting and analysis and technical accounting assistance and implementation, operational accounting and transaction-related accounting consulting. This is an entrepreneurial opportunity as the Manager will be a key member of this growing practice area.
- Provide guidance on all areas involving accounting/finance functions to include: financial reporting, operational accounting, technical accounting, transactions, recommendations, implementations, and new accounting guidance implementation.
- Advise fast growing companies and well-known enterprises (both publicly traded and privately held) on a wide variety of projects: IPO preparation, SEC filings, SOX readiness and compliance, transaction support, carve-outs and/or spin-offs, audit readiness, and new accounting pronouncements.
- Manage client accounts, projects, and engagements, including: work plans, staffing, deadlines, and budgets throughout all lifecycle phases – strategy, goal-setting, deliverables, and maintaining an integrated project plan
- Engage with clients and colleagues on technical accounting and control-related issues to provide research guidance and give recommendations for potential solutions.
- Create and deliver presentations on technical concepts, project work plans, delivery approach, milestones, and results to client stakeholders.
- Educate internal and external audiences on Accounting Advisory Services best practices.
- Identify, design and implement creative business solutions to continually improve the firm’s methodology and approach.
- Establish credibility as a trusted advisor.
- Actively participate in career development activities and technical training of staff.
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams and develop pursuit strategies; lead the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Develop and sustain relationships with clients' executives and senior management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or other related technical discipline
- CPA highly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting, accounting/audit practices, procedures and reporting standards
- 5+ years of professional services experience (public accounting and/or financial advisory) and/or financial reporting experience with a public company
- 2 years of financial statement audit experience is strongly preferred
- Experience advising commercial companies in one or more of the following areas:
- Financial Reporting (e.g. SEC reporting, restatements, correction of errors, 10-K, 10-Q)
- Implementing new accounting standards (e.g. ASC 606 revenue recognition, ASC 842 leases)
- Transactions (e.g. M&A, spin-off, carve-out, IPO readiness)
- Operational Accounting (e.g. streamlining monthly close process, preparing/facilitating the external audit process, improving FP&A functions)
- Detail-oriented with the ability to think and present at the macro level
- Entrepreneurial spirit and interest in making an impact on a growing business unit
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering excellent client service while building relationships with colleagues and clients
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer