Senior Associate, Assurance Services - Government Contracting
Aronson LLC has been thinking ahead for its clients for more than 55 years. Our industry experts provide innovative audit, tax, and consulting services that help our clients move to the next level. Aronson works with companies throughout the entire business life cycle by proactively identifying opportunities and addressing challenges so that clients are able to focus on their core business. We show companies how to rethink ways to be more profitable, more competitive and better prepared for the future.
In addition to ranking Aronson as one of the top 15 accounting firms in the region, In 2019, and for the ninth time, our team members have rated us a “Best Places to Work” in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal). Aronson is ranked as a top 100 national firm by Accounting Today and also by INSIDE Public Accounting, who has named Aronson as one of their “Best of the Best.”
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to join the Government Contracting Industry Services Group within the Audit and Accounting Department. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance services to a wide variety of government contracting businesses.
- Perform financial statement audits and reviews and other attestation services for government contracting companies of various sizes and ownership structures
- Serve as the principal point of contact on client engagements and develop working relationships with senior level management and business owners
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and collaborate with managers and partners to make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Takes responsibility, executes and follows through on timely completion of engagement deliverables from planning to completion
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members on engagements and review workpapers
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Utilize technical proficiency to enable diagnoses of and solutions to problems encountered on audits and reviews.
- Build firm-wide resource network to contribute to the development of a broad base of internal and external relationships for personal and professional benefits and results
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls
- Develop industry knowledge by attending industry association meetings, trainings and networking events
- Implement improvements to internal processes
- Bachelor’s in Accounting. Masters is preferred but not required. CPA or CPA candidate
- Minimum experience of one to three busy seasons within the assurance practice of a public accounting firm
- Experience auditing clients with government contracts is preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Software
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and customers
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer