Senior Consultant, Technology Risk Services
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2016, and for the sixth time, our team members have rated us a “Best Places to Work” in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and the #3 mid-sized company on Washington Post’s 2016 Top Workplaces list. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Consultant to join our Technology Risk Services Practice. The candidate must be an energetic, self-starter, able to work under tight deadlines with limited supervision and deliver quality service to our clients. The candidate is expected to work closely and collaboratively with clients, provide the full range of IT audit and remediation services, information and cyber security, assist in IT process re-engineering and develop effective IT risk management programs. The candidate should have strong written and verbal communication skills and must be able to lead client meetings.
- Perform assessments on information systems and well as be involved in information technology audit, risk, compliance, and security engagements.
- Assess IT environments to support compliance and business process improvement initiatives.
- Use knowledge of the current IT trends to identify business opportunities and understand client challenges.
- Develop high quality deliverables and conduct client presentations.
- Support and contribute to practice development initiatives.
- Develop innovative methodologies, leading practices, tools, and templates.
- Write blogs and contribute to publications to demonstrate thought leadership.
- Involved in all aspects of project management including: planning, executing, monitoring, and closing.
- Consistently apply delivery methodology processes and utilize tools across engagements.
- 3-6 years working experience
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
- Obtained or demonstrates an active pursuit of one or more of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM); alternatively, experience in cybersecurity and IT control assessment & optimization that is equivalent to these types of certifications is acceptable
- Strong understanding of various industry standards and regulations, including: ISO 27002, Sarbanes Oxley, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication requirements, and Federal Information Security Management & Modernization Act (FISMA)
- Experience conducting IT risk, IT controls testing, and security assessments for both IT General Controls (ITGCs) and IT Application Controls (ITACs)
- Extensive experience with understanding IT control environments for commercial clients or government contractors
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems, Databases, IT and Security tools and Network Infrastructure components
- Strong oral and written communication skills, a commitment to exceptional client service, creative problem solving ability, and a consultant mindset
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer