Experienced or Senior Associate Tax Services
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for eight consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2018, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for an Experienced or Senior Associate to join our Tax Practice.Our professionals in this group apply extensive specialty knowledge in their delivery of efficient and innovative tax services to a wide range of individuals and diverse set of organizations in the Greater Washington area. Representative set of clients might include – high tech start-up companies, government contractors, and real estate developers and the tax considerations of their owners and related parties.
- Apply strong technical tax accounting knowledge of partnerships, corporations, s-corporations on consulting and compliance engagements.
- Communicate with clients to discuss tax accounting matters.
- Meet client service expectations, adhering to time budgets and maintaining positive client communications.
- Gain an understanding of Firm policies, procedures, and professional standards through observation and inquiry and adheres to them.
- Represent the Firm in a favorable and professional manner.
- Develop initiative, interpersonal skills, and practical application of technical knowledge.
- Perform other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor and other Firm management as required.
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical.
- Overtime is required during tax season (January through April) and occasionally throughout the remainder of the year.
- Deliver highest level of customer service to clients, including those at the executive level.
- Minimum experience of one busy season within the tax practice of a public accounting firm.
- Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- Active CPA preferred; CPA candidate (150 credits to sit for the CPA exam) is required.
- Participation in extracurricular activities and demonstration of leadership abilities.
- Sharp analytical skills enhanced by a commitment to professional development.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to work closely with Partners and clients to provide exceptional service.
- Previous hands-on public accounting internship experience is preferred.
- Willingness to travel locally (DC/MD/VA) on a limited basis.
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer