Rockville, Maryland /
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2020, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson has an immediate opening for a Project Specialist to join the Tax Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective consulting services to some of the largest and most dynamic government contract organizations in the area.
The Project Specialist will be the intermediary between Aronson’s tax team members and our clients. This person will establish and maintain client relationships, ensure that workflow and all the necessary supporting documentation and information prepared by client is received on schedule for timely completion of client deliverables.
The Project Specialist should produce detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Consistently high quality and precise work is essential as well as willingness to handle and complete multiple tasks at a time. Excellent communication skills needed to work with clients, partners and peers. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured training and positive, supportive coaching from management.
This position is designed to develop a valued expert, who, recognized and supported by management, can deliver quality work at a fast pace in a very organized manner.
Client Service, Communication & Relationships
- Renewal and new client onboarding:
- Initiate communications on behalf of team
- Set up new engagements and new clients in appropriate systems
- Draft and send engagement letter and prepared by client (PBC) request letter
- Send appropriate documentation to outsourced preparers
- Manage client billing and progress tracking – email reminders and team communication
- Coordinate tax return detail review with tax professional
- Deliver draft to client for review and approval
- Present client approved return to partner for signature
- Electronically file returns and send copy to clients
Engagement Economics, Time Management & Project Management
- GoFileRoom – project setup and closeout
- Manage client data requests, project plan, meetings and deliverable projects
- Send and receive client files as directed
- Edit and format client deliverables for projects as directed
- Quality control and deliver final deliverables for clients as directed
Ownership, Initiative & Leadership
- Coordinate with clients and team tax return and PBC list
- Assist with development of tax return schedule
- Track meetings and communications with clients
- Draft communication for clients and AISG team members
- Scheduling resources to meet client and compliance deadlines
- Send reminders to the team about billing deadlines
- Clear and transfer Unassigned WIP at the beginning of each billing cycle
- Prepare client invoices as directed
- Review invoices for compliance and update billing spreadsheet
- Manage Billing spreadsheet annual rollover
- Reminder emails for overdue invoices
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- 3-5+ years experience with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe) required
- 5+ years experience with Client relationships, Administrative, Project Coordination, Business Development Support preferred
- Bachelor's Degree English, Communication or equivalent field required
- PMP preferred
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Working conditions can vary based on flexibility and remote arrangements with the firm. Seating assignments are defined by established policies and procedures of the firm and are subject to change. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Team member will be evaluated for client engagements on which they have worked at least 30 hours.
Total budgeted hours for each year are 2,080, including 1,580 chargeable hours. These hours are based on working full-time minimum of 40 hours per week. Individuals on an approved reduced workweek (less than 40 hours) will have these hours adjusted accordingly by the Partner/ People Team/HR.
Acting as a new hire or intern buddy is expected when assigned.
The physical expectations described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to talk or hear.
• The team member is required to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time at a desk and working on a computer.
• The team member is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer