Manager, Talent Acquisition & Engagement
Rockville, Maryland /
Business Operations /
Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the Manager of Talent Acquisition & Engagement will join a forward thinking People Team comprised of Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development and People Operations professionals. In this role, you will inspire, and grow a team of engaged recruiters responsible for recruiting top-talent. As a mid-sized company, nearing 300 employees, your influence won't be confined to one small box; you will be an integrated TA Leader, helping guide, grow and enhance the entire function. We are seeking a leader with a strategic, proactive, and progressive mindset; one who is results-oriented, metrics focused, and constantly looking for areas of process-improvement. Finally, this individual will be internal customer and candidate experience focused, will have the ability to influence at all levels throughout the organization, and will exhibit our core values to the highest extent.
To be successful in this role, we’ll look to you to ensure this critical function serves as a business partner and advisor to key leadership and hiring managers across Aronson’s lines of service and internal business operations. In addition, you will:
· Teach us a thing or two we don't already know
· Partner with the D&I Council to execute annual goals
· Embrace the People Team's commitment to performance, development, and collaboration
· Bring a high degree of professionalism when interacting with senior leaders
· Help us evolve as leaders of strategic TA practices as we continue to grow at a steady clip
· Keep your sense of humor handy and enjoy what you do
Read all about us at www.aronsonllc.com!
What's In It For You:
High impact - you'll assume the management of a function that is highly responsive and technically sharp, you can make your mark by bringing the function an even greater degree of proactivity and strategically partnering across the organization. Develop your team members and help grow their skills and capabilities. Lead by example and dig-in as a player-coach.
Progressive recruitment programs - with a focus on cultivating both performance and development, the team combines deep experience and best practices to be a true partner to the business. We've developed a culture in which you can enjoy a good deal of autonomy and have opportunities to be inventive and creative. You'll find strong camaraderie on the People Team and throughout Aronson.
Best of both worlds - Aronson is neither a startup nor a huge company, meaning we're small enough to be nimble and non-bureaucratic, while offering the stability of almost 60 years of success and steady growth. Our senior leaders are all very accessible and supportive of the TA function.
Award-Winning work environment - our corporate culture reflects our passion for integrity, excellence, and commitment and our mission guides everything we do. We are a fast-paced, highly collaborative team able to embrace change and strive for best-in-class results in all of our endeavors. We also believe in enjoying one another's company in events that encourage networking, information sharing, and fun.
THE SKILL SET:
· Bachelor's degree
· Minimum of 5 years recruitment experience, from operational execution to strategy
· Demonstrated management and leadership skills with at least 2 years of recruitment management experience
· Public Accounting industry or related experience is strongly preferred but not required
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically and progressively as well as respond to day-to-day needs of the organization
· Strong negotiation, conflict resolution, influencing & stakeholder management skills
· Thought-leadership and innovation in sourcing, candidate development/experience, and hiring manager partnerships
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Prepare and review the annual recruitment budget
· Manage the Busy Season Internship and Summer Internship programs
· Advance Aronson’s D&I talent acquisition strategy and execution
· Oversee all stages of candidate experience (including application, interviews and communication)
· Help forecast hiring needs based on business growth plans
· Participate in and host recruitment events to drive awareness of our firm
· Measure key recruitment metrics
WITHIN ONE MONTH, YOU’LL
· Get your bearings and begin to build a strong foundation, upon which to grow
· Schedule 1:1’s with all People Team members
· Build relationships with internal business partners including key executive leaders and hiring managers
· Gain a strong understanding of the public accounting industry and the services Aronson provides
· Dive into recruiting metrics. Where are we winning? What are roadblocks in our pipelines?
· Facilitate motivating recurring recruiter meetings. You’ll identify topics to cover and follow up with action items in order to keep process iteration and momentum going
· Evaluate the efficacy of our recruitment process and identify areas for training, both on your recruiting team as well as company-wide
WITHIN THREE MONTHS, YOU’LL
· Have a strong understanding of the business, and begin teaching us a thing or two we don’t know
· Coach recruiters on effectively training their interviewers and hiring managers through feedback, feedforward, and mentorship
· Determine a game plan for our summer internship program
· Evaluate the efficacy of our interviewers and interviewing process
· Analyze ways in which we can scale and improve our candidate, employee, and hiring manager experience. Bring ideas to the table and take action to implement
· Begin to implement opportunities for training company-wide
WITHIN SIX MONTHS, YOU’LL
· Have a strong understanding of Aronson’s recruiting function
· Continue to implement opportunities for change and improvement as they are identified
· Conduct a 6-month review with the recruiting team to ensure performance is in line with expectations
· Review how performance is tracking against headcount plan; identify areas where performance is lacking, if any, and implement plan for improvement
· Analyze 6 months of metrics and identify areas for process improvement, if necessary
· Begin to implement the vision for change/impact that you have been developing over the past 6-months
· Be a subject matter expert in all things Aronson
WITHIN TWELVE MONTHS, YOU’LL
· At 12-months, you will be seen as a well-versed, trusted business-advisor and expert, making a significant positive impact firmwide
· Identify further personal education opportunities to increase your personal and team performance
IS THIS ROLE NOT AN EXACT FIT?
BENEFITS & PERKS
· Paid Time Off (PTO)
· Up to (5) Days Paid Leave to Participate in Community & Volunteer Opportunities
· 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Automatic Employer Contribution
· Comprehensive Insurance Coverage (including pet insurance!)
· Free Parking
· Continuing Education – LinkedIn Learning license amongst other resources
· Access to Corporate Discounts including gym membership
· Various programming throughout the year including firmwide and team events
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer