Manager, Tax Services
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for eight consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2018, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Manager within the Tax Services Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive specialty knowledge in their delivery of efficient and innovative tax services to a wide range of pass through entities primarily located in the Greater Washington DC area.
- Provide tax compliance, planning, and advisory services to Aronson clients
- Proactively research existing and proposed tax law to determine impact on clients’ financial position; present finding / recommendations to clients as appropriate
- Experience and understanding of flow through taxation, Partnership and S Corp.
- Supervise tax staff to ensure that tax engagements are completed in an efficient and timely manner
- Review workpapers prepared by staff; recommend changes, additional documentation, research, and / or calculations as necessary to comply with applicable tax law and Firm policy
- Participate in business development activities to increase client base; attend networking events and industry meetings and partake in thought leadership and speaking engagement
- 5+ years of public accounting (tax) experience; previous experience working with/for pass through tax entities preferred.
- Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Masters in Taxation, JD or other applicable advanced degree preferred
- Active CPA license required
- Strong technical proficiency
- Willing to travel locally (DC/MD/VA); limited travel involved