Information Technology Manager
Rockville, Maryland /
Business Operations /
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2020, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson has an immediate opening for an Information Technology Manager to join the Information Technology Team. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance and tax services to some of the largest and most dynamic organizations in the area.
Aronson, LLC is seeking a highly motivated IT Manager to work with the IT team in our Rockville Office. The successful candidate will be the primary point of contact responsible for maintaining the high availability of company systems and infrastructure (on premises) and must have experience working in a virtualized Windows environment with cloud-enabled business and application systems.
Role responsibilities include IT operations management as well as traditional systems/network administration activities such as the administration and operation of virtual and physical servers; maintaining storage devices and backups; applying security updates and patches to servers; administering cloud services/systems; and troubleshooting network issues. The individual will also be responsible for preventing, planning and mitigating adverse events and implementing necessary changes to ensure the overall environment is reliable and secure.
The IT Manager will report to the Director of Information Technology and work primarily with 3-5 technical resources (Systems Engineer, Server Admin, Database Specialist/Reporting SME, and Helpdesk Associates/Analysts). The position requires the applicant to have a strong customer service dispensation (i.e. can do attitude), excellent analytical/troubleshooting skills and the ability to communicate technical information (whether verbal or written) to a wide range of end-users.
- Supervise/manage daily operations of the helpdesk and maintain SLA targets for help desk requests received through email (tickets), phone, or in person and ensure timely resolution.
- Develop and maintain detailed and accurate documentation. (Documentation may be required for operational procedures and technical analyses for products, features, and capabilities).
- Provide problem management and troubleshooting support and diagnose and resolve critical system issues (software, hardware).
- Plan, manage, and support IT initiatives (e.g. laptop refreshes, implementing new systems or capabilities, etc.).
- Work closely with cybersecurity support vendor (MSSP) to address security vulnerabilities and create a secure working environment.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs (i.e. backup, PowerShell scripts, scheduled tasks, reporting tasks, etc.).
- Track and manage IT operation budget and costs (e.g. IT supplies). Manage and plan for renewals of subscriptions, services, and contracts.
- Support and troubleshoot access to hosted/cloud-based services for end-users (e.g. Office 365 email, laptop backup, etc.).
- Support user account maintenance using Active Directory, Azure AD, Okta (i.e. account creation, password resets, and account disabling/termination)
- Configure, deploy, maintain, troubleshoot and support, laptop computers, printers, mobile devices, Teams devices and other computer, network and telecommunications equipment.
- Provide regular feedback to team and management on system performance and risks.
- Work cross functionally to implement complex systems or resolve complex customer problems.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and deliver training as needed (e.g. New Hire Orientation).
- May be required to perform other related duties as needed.
- VMWare ESXi, vSphere, VCenter 6
- Windows Server 2012, 2016, and 2019
- Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Cisco UCS Fabric servers (Blade servers)
- HP Nimble Storage Area Network (SAN)
- Network Attached Storage (NAS) devices
- Networking equipment (Cisco Switches and firewalls)
- Wireless Infrastructure (Cisco Meraki)
Required Qualifications and Skills
- Education: BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalence in experience
- 7-10 years of relevant technical experience
- 2-3 years of experience leading and managing a team of resources (3-5+ people)
- Experience managing IT operations using ITSM tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish effective work relationships
- Ability to communicate, plan and organize effectively
- Ability to provide hands-on keyboard support (e.g. respond directly to ticket requests, perform server maintenance, or configure cloud applications)
- Provide on-call service for after-hours support including evenings, weekends and holidays (as-needed)
- Prior experience in a SMB IT environment
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- ITIL Certification and/or experience implementing/executing standard ITIL-based practices and processes
- PMP Certification
- Experience addressing cybersecurity considerations (e.g. for application development or infrastructure)
- Client-facing role or experience (e.g. consulting or professional services)
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer