Senior Associate, Tax Services
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2016, and for the sixth time, our team members have rated us a “Best Places to Work” in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and the #3 mid-sized company on Washington Post’s 2016 Top Workplaces list. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to join our Tax Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive specialty knowledge in their delivery of efficient and innovative tax services to a wide range of individuals and diverse set of organizations in the Greater Washington area. Representative set of clients might include – high tech start-up companies, government contractors, and real estate developers and the tax considerations of their owners and related parties.
- Apply strong technical tax accounting knowledge of partnerships, corporations, s-corporations on consulting and compliance engagements
- Prepare and review of tax returns
- Participate in the tax planning and consultation process for clients
- Assist Managers in identifying and researching various client issues, and communicate regularly with clients and upper firm management
- Mentor Staff Accountants and interns
- Participate in professional development activities, including training sessions and networking events
- Assist the recruiting team on an as needed basis with campus visits and in-office interviews
- 2-4 years of public accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the preparation/review of tax returns
- Active CPA preferred; CPA candidate (150 credits to sit for the CPA exam) is required
- Degree in Accounting or related field required
- Exceptional writing skills
- Strong accounting, analytical, technical, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities
- Willingness to travel locally (DC/MD/VA) on a limited basis
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer