Rockville, Maryland /
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2020, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson has an immediate opening for a Project Administrator to join the Consulting Team. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance and tax services to some of the largest and most dynamic organizations in the area.
The Project Administrator should produce detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Consistently high quality and precise work is essential as well as willingness to handle and complete multiple tasks at a time. Excellent communication skills needed to work with clients, partners and peers. Job knowledge and competency is built through structured step-by-step training and positive, supportive coaching from management and peers.
This position is designed to develop a valued technical expert, who, recognized and supported by management, can deliver quality work at a fast pace in a very organized manner.
- Client Service, Communication & Relationships:
- Correspond with clients on behalf of Partners as directed
- New client onboard:
- Team communications - project staff assignment
- Send welcome letter
- Manage retainer log and tracking – email reminders and team communication
- Develop processing calendar – as directed
- Kick off meeting package prep & distribution to client
- Request/receive documents, passwords, contact information
- Create client spec sheet
- Engagement Economics, Time Management & Project Management:
- GoFileRoom – project setup and closeout
- Manage client data requests, project plan, meetings and deliverable on large data projects
- Send and receive client files through Sharefile as directed
- Edit and Format client deliverables for projects as directed
- Quality control and deliver final deliverables for clients as directed
- 1099 Management at year end
- Send preliminary letters to clients, status update as needed during January
- Code monthly software invoices for Unanet, QuickBooks, TSheets, and Bill.com
- Submit requests for software license increases to Unanet
- Ownership, Initiative & Leadership:
- Proposal Management:
- Create proposals and engagement letters.
- Enter and track client opportunities in OnePlace and run weekly reports
- Update or add new prospects to OnePlace
- Keep staff bios updated for use in proposals
- Create/Update Proposal Templates
- Coordinate with marketing on digital content/blog posts
- Coordinate multi party or large group meetings on calendars for Partners.
- Assist with travel as needed (complete travel forms, find flights, book hotels, cars, etc) for team members
- Coordinating ordering food with People Team Associate for in-house meetings and coordinating with General Services for any special set up as needed
- Assist with development of training schedule for outsourcing group
- Track “in person” meetings for outsourcing client
- Technical Skills:
- GovWin Reports/conduct research and run reports for prospect/client as directed
- Send reminders to the team about billing deadlines
- Clear and transfer Unassigned WIP at the beginning of each billing cycle
- Prepare client invoices as directed
- Review invoices for compliance and update billing spreadsheet
- Manage Billing spreadsheet annual rollover
- Reminder emails for overdue invoices
- Assist GC Consulting Partners with administrative tasks as needed
- Register GC Consulting team members for events
Experience, Education & Certifications
- Proficient (5+ years) with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe) required
- 5+ Years of experience in administrative, project coordination, business development support preferred
- Bachelor's Degree English, Communication or equivalent field preferred
- PMP Preferred
Consulting team members will be evaluated routinely and as deemed appropriate by the team member’s evaluator.
The standard annual budget for hours is 2,080, including chargeable hours determined by your team. These hours are based on working full-time minimum of 40 hours per week. Individuals on an approved reduced workweek (less than 40 hours) will have these hours adjusted accordingly by the People Team.
Acting as a new hire or intern buddy is expected when assigned.
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.