Senior Audit Associate
Rockville, Maryland /
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2020, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to join the Government Contracting Services Industry Group. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance and tax services to some of the largest and most dynamic organizations in the area.
- Perform financial statement audits and reviews
- Serve as the principal point of contact on client engagements and develop working relationships with senior level management and business owners
- Proactively interact with key client management to gather information, resolve audit-related problems, and collaborate with managers and partners to make recommendations for business and process improvements
- Takes responsibility, executes and follows through on timely completion of engagement deliverables from planning to completion
- Supervise and mentor junior staff members on engagements and review workpapers
- Gain comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and utilize that knowledge on engagements
- Utilize technical proficiency to enable diagnoses of and solutions to problems encountered on audits and reviews
- Assist partners and senior management on proposals and business development calls
- Develop industry knowledge by attending industry association meetings, trainings and networking events
- B.S./M.S. degree in Accounting; CPA or CPA candidate
- Minimum experience of two to four years within a public accounting firm
- Experience providing assurance and audit services to government contracting clients is preferred
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, CaseWare)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and customers
Team Member Statement of Understanding
Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all team members. Aronson is dedicated to providing a workplace free of discrimination and harassment. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, physical or mental disability, or other applicable legally protected classes. Reasonable accommodations due to a disability will be considered by the People Team.
This job description is intended to capture the essential activities, duties, and responsibilities that are required in the role. The firm maintains the right to assign other duties as necessary and can change these duties at any time without notice.
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer