Senior Associate, Assurance Services - Employee Benefit Plans
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2016, and for the sixth time, our team members have rated us a “Best Places to Work” in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and the #3 mid-sized company on Washington Post’s 2016 Top Workplaces list. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC has an immediate opening for a Senior Associate to join the Employee Benefits Plan Group within the Assurance Practice. Our professionals in this group apply extensive industry knowledge in their delivery of efficient and effective assurance services to a wide variety of benefit plans.
- Audit qualified plans of a diverse client base, including both privately held and publicly traded companies
- Plan audits will include defined contribution, including Employee Stock Ownership Plans, defined benefit and health and welfare plans
- Duties include all aspects of employee benefit plan engagement performance: planning, fieldwork, supervision of staff, review of workpapers, client relationship building, and financial reporting and review
- Implement improvements to audit processes
- Builds firm-wide resource network to contribute to the development of a broad base of internal and external relationships for personal and professional benefits and results
- Takes responsibility, executes and follows through on timely completion of engagement deliverables from planning to completion
- Responsible for evaluating and making recommendations regarding internal controls, policies and procedures established by the client
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively
- Develop industry knowledge by attending industry association meetings, trainings and networking events
- Cultivate junior staff through mentoring and training
- Three to five years of experience within a public accounting industry with previous concentrated exposure to employee benefit plan audits, including at least 1 year in a supervisory role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA accreditation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong attention to detail
*Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
**Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer