Assurance Busy Season Intern - 2020
Aronson LLC provides a comprehensive platform of assurance, tax, and consulting solutions to today’s most active industry sectors and successful individuals. For more than 50 years, we have purposefully expanded our service offerings and deepened our industry specialties to better serve the needs of our clients, people, and community. From startup to exit, we help our clients maximize opportunity, minimize risk, and unlock their full potential.
Aronson, the largest independently owned public accounting firm based in the DC Metro Area, is growing organically, and we are looking for individuals who want to make an immediate and substantial impact on the future of our firm. We have an award winning culture, and have been ranked for nine consecutive years as one of the "Best Places to Work" in the Washington DC Metro Area. We have been recognized as experts in the industries and markets we serve, and acknowledged as an employer that offers its team members a voice. In 2019, our team members rated us the #1 Public Accounting Firm in the Washington DC Metro Area (Washington Business Journal) and as a "Top Workplace" by the Washington Post. Aronson is an AICPA major firm with a national and international reach, coupled with a local, personalized feel benefiting our team members and clients.
Aronson LLC is excited to present a unique opportunity to the “best of the best,” top of their class, motivated and focused accounting students who are on track to graduate their undergraduate or graduate degree with 150 credit hours in 2021.
Our firm is focused on providing opportunities to well-rounded high performers with a proven track record of academic excellence. We seek students who understand that passion, diligence and focus are integral to successful academic and professional pursuits. We are an organization that recognizes and rewards those who take initiative in their future. This is an opportunity to work with a firm that encourages you to pave your own path and take ownership of your career.
The duration of the internship will be from early January 2020 through late March 2020. A typical work schedule will be approximately 20-32 hours per week.
The primary function of this internship will be for you to gain exposure to public accounting. You will be guided directly by a Manager in our Assurance Practice and be able to participate in hands-on work to learn about financial statements, auditing, client relations, and more. We seek energetic and motivated students who are truly curious and interested in honing their skills to pursue a career in audit and accounting in the Washington, DC Area post-graduation.
- Assist with various attestation engagements including audits, reviews and compilations
- Perform testwork procedures over various financial statement areas including cash, receivables, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, expense analysis, trial balance and financial statement preparation
- Demonstrate good workpaper techniques and understanding of the objectives of workpapers
- Begin to identify and communicate accounting and auditing matters to the engagement team
- Gain an understanding of Firm policies, procedures, and professional standards through observation and inquiry and adheres to them
- Demonstrate positive attitude towards Firm and profession
- Represent the Firm in a favorable and professional manner
- Develop initiative, interpersonal skills, and practical application of technical knowledge
- Perform other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor and other Firm management as required
- Confidentiality of Firm and client information is critical
- Strong interest in beginning a career in public accounting upon receiving your undergraduate/graduate degree
- Able to work part-time, for a minimum of 20-24 hours per week from January to late March
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate accounting program at an accredited university with a plan to complete 150 credit hours in 2021
- Maintenance of a 3.3 GPA or higher
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A positive attitude and outstanding work ethic
- Participation in extracurricular activities and demonstrated leadership abilities
*Please list your GPA and anticipated graduation date (with 150 credit hours) on your resume and cover letter
**Qualified candidates must be eligible to work for any employer in the United States
***Aronson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer