Site Reliability Engineer
A new era of work 🔥
Video calls need to reflect a new era of working. That’s why we took video and made it less. Less traditional, less formal, less bulky, even less realistic. Less about blowing up people’s faces on a 70-inch HDTV, more about focusing and doing. Around is there for a quick session to supercharge all future-of-work applications. It’s just enough to be present but makes space for what’s important: the task at hand.
Our sophisticated, AI-assisted audio technology completely transforms the possibilities and dynamics of a video call. Dedicated conference room equipment is no longer needed, and Around’s focused UX makes video calls fast and productive... and fun!
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
We're on a journey to improve how teams work together in real-time interactions! We want to give our users the ability to actually collaborate during video calls.
The engineering team at Around oversees the technology and end-to-end user experience of our video features across desktop and mobile. The team’s mission is to give our users the utmost certainty that our video and client experience is excellent.
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you will focus on the deployment and production of Around, which is used daily by people all over the world, while working with a modern & contemporary tech stack.
*This is a 100% remote opportunity for candidates within the US, EU, and LATAM time zones.*
🚀 What You'll Do
• Manage and maintain our AWS cloud infrastructure, while planning ahead for scale
• Build and support tooling and automated infrastructure necessary to help the production environments and produce a fully functional system
• Provide improvements of the development and deployment processes (pipelines, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Staging)
• Collaborate with the rest of the team to help them improve the scalability and reliability of services
• Kubernetes and Docker-based cloud optimizations
• Repair server-based flaws and issues
• Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code approaches and technologies
• Develop troubleshooting, logging, and monitoring systems
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Guide the team to consider scale-out implications and operational support implications of the choices they make during the sprints
• Extensive Kubernetes experience and experience with container-based software toolchains, including k8s
• Experience with AWS, and other cloud providers
• Experience designing large scale distributed systems
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, or Jenkins
• Experience maintaining services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and system health
✨ Bonus points
• Previous experience working in the real-time audio/video conferencing space
🛠 Tech Stack
Chromium / CEF / Electron
Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
🙋🏽♀️ About You
• You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
• You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
• You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
• You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 US-based: 401K + Match
💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across 10 countries and counting.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.