Sr. DevOps Engineer
A new era of work 🔥
Video calls need to reflect a new era of working. That’s why we took video and made it less. Less traditional, less formal, less bulky, even less realistic. Less about blowing up people’s faces on a 70-inch HDTV, more about focusing and doing. Around is there for a quick session to supercharge all future-of-work applications. It’s just enough to be present but makes space for what’s important: the task at hand.
Our sophisticated, AI-assisted audio technology completely transforms the possibilities and dynamics of a video call. Dedicated conference room equipment is no longer needed, and Around’s focused UX makes video calls fast and productive... and fun!
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
We are seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to act as a Subject Matter Expert on DevOps best practices, CI/CD, and Configuration Management. This role requires ownership of infrastructure architecture in AWS using modern technology such as Docker/Kubernetes.
Our ideal candidate has a very strong understanding of Docker and Kubernetes as the person in this role will be responsible for defining and implementing our containerization technology strategies, design our architecture, and define our roadmap. You will work on building, scaling, and monitoring various highly complex applications and making our container orchestration cluster highly available; as well as building and improving our application CI/CD pipelines.
You will be responsible for maintaining and automating cloud solutions to support the deployment and production of Around, which is used daily by people all over the world.
*This is a 100% remote opportunity for candidates within the US, EU, and LATAM time zones.*
🚀 What You'll Do
• Assume full ownership of deployment and management of AWS infrastructure, while planning ahead for scale
• Deploy and maintain Kubernetes clusters using infrastructure-as-code approaches and technologies
• Design, build, and optimize containerization and orchestration with Docker and Kubernetes (k8s)
• Build and support tooling and automated infrastructure necessary to help the production environments and produce a fully functional system
• Responsible for development, maintenance, and improvements of pipelines in support of CI/CD to all AWS environments
• Participate in on-call rotation
• Extensive Kubernetes experience and experience with container-based software toolchains, including k8s
• Experience with AWS, and other cloud providers
• Experience with tooling such as Terraform and Puppet
• Experience designing large scale distributed systems
• Experience with CI/CD tools such as GitHub Actions, GitLab, or Jenkins
• Experience maintaining services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency, and system health
✨ Bonus points
• Previous experience working in the real-time audio/video conferencing space
🛠 Tech Stack
Chromium / CEF / Electron
Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
🙋🏽♀️ About You
• You are highly empathetic, naturally curious, and are passionate about building a world-class product.
• You enjoy learning from others, sharing your knowledge and experience, and working with others to solve problems in a cross-functional way.
• You have a customer-first mindset and an appreciation for amazing user experiences, and a strong desire to work at a rapidly growing startup and make it a success.
• You are excited about working remotely and see the future in fully distributed teams! You will be working with an international team primarily based in the US and Europe.
💰 Competitive Compensation + Stock Options
💻 MacBook Pro + Accessories + High-Quality Audio/Video Equipment
🏥 US-based: Medical Insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
💰 US-based: 401K + Match
💗 Home-Office Stipends for Remote Work
🌴 Unlimited Vacation and Sick Days
👶 Parental Leave and Fertility Benefits
🏋 Monthly Gym and Wellness Stipend
📚 Learning Budget (online courses, books, conferences, language lessons)
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across 10 countries and counting.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.