Security & Compliance Manager
A new era of work 🔥
Video calls need to reflect a new era of working. That’s why we took video and made it less. Less traditional, less formal, less bulky, even less realistic. Less about blowing up people’s faces on a 70-inch HDTV, more about focusing and doing. Around is there for a quick session to supercharge all future-of-work applications. It’s just enough to be present but makes space for what’s important: the task at hand.
Our sophisticated, AI-assisted audio technology completely transforms the possibilities and dynamics of a video call. Dedicated conference room equipment is no longer needed, and Around’s focused UX makes video calls fast and productive... and fun!
Check out what people are saying about Around: http://bit.ly/around-love 🥰
This person in this role will be responsible for understanding and supporting Around’s organizational, procedural and technological security controls within the context of the global regulatory frameworks applicable to our business. This role requires someone with a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions pertaining to regulatory standards, and a polished ability to communicate with key internal stakeholders.
This Security & Compliance Analyst has a passion for implementing innovative security controls that mitigate risk to the company, empower a culture of rapid innovation, and help demonstrate our dedication to security to the world.
*This is a 100% Remote position for candidates based anywhere in the US.*
🚀 What You'll Do
• Drive and execute critical security and compliance objectives such as SOC II, HIPAA, and ISO27001.
• Kick off our compliance/SOC efforts to become Type 1 & 2 compliant.
• Lead Around through internal and external audits and reviews.
• Develop company wide security programs and establish reports and control incidents.
• Codify controls and develop security and compliance reporting for a variety of audiences, including executive management and external stakeholders.
• Work directly with teams to facilitate risk assessment and risk management process.
• Compliance audit expertise in SOC 2 Type I, SOC 2 Type II, HIPAA, ISO27001, or related compliance frameworks.
• Experience leading internal audits and writing policies from scratch.
• Familiarity with tools like Vanta or TugboatLogic.
• Experience working with tech startups and internal software engineering teams with cloud environments.
🙋🏽♀️ About You
• Experience in IT security, compliance, and risk management.
• Strong knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles related to processing, storage and transmission of data.
• You have excellent verbal and written communications skills, as well as the ability to work effectively across teams.
• You will be working in a fully distributed remote team - we expect you to have strong previous experience in working in a remote organization.
🛠 Tech Stack
Front-end: React, Typescript
Chromium / CEF / Electron
Kubernetes, Docker, AWS
We’re a small, but mighty 100% remote team that’s growing fast, so everyone that joins has a direct impact on the direction and success of the company. Today’s hires will be tomorrow’s leaders. We strive for an open, flat, collaborative, work-hard-play-hard environment.
We are looking for experienced developers who want to be part of a fast-paced, dynamic environment, where everyone’s opinions and efforts are valued. We hire outstanding professionals and give them the opportunity to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere that values learning, growth, and hard work. If all of this sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you!
We're an early-stage startup with 30+ team members and growing fast. Our HQ is in Redwood City, CA, but we are a remote-first company with a worldwide team across 10 countries and counting.
Our leadership team is made of serial entrepreneurs with 15 years of experience working with distributed global teams. We are obsessed with building a healthy remote culture and improving how teams collaborate while not in the same physical location. We practice what we preach with the Around team spread out across the world. We are backed by premier Silicon Valley venture capital firms.