Data Engineer (GCP)
Digital Technologies – Data & Analytics /
Arq Group changes the way businesses do business. From award winning mobile apps, cloud and analytical insights, to design thinking and digital marketing. We define, design and create products and solutions that solve problems, big and small. Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Digital Solutions.
We create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others can't. We do this by hiring the best people out there!
What you get to do:
Day to day – what will you be doing? It’s pretty broad, starting with extraction, APIs scraping, through cleansing and augmentation ,manipulation using advanced analytics methods (predictions, recommendations) for running data science applications (NLP, propensity modelling etc.) in cloud native environments.
You will get exposure to a variety of cross-industry sectors, cooperating on some of the most complex data projects country wide. Ideally you will have a hands on background in data engineering along with experience in working in a complex cloud environments using GCP/AWS/Azure with GCP being highly advantageous in these roles.
- Full stack development experience including designing, implementing and triaging defects or issues using Python
- Hands on experience building data pipelines and ETL frameworks both batch and real time using Python and any of the GCP capabilities such Apache Beam, Data Flow, Data Fusion
- Strong Ansible/Terraform experience as it relates to building Infrastructure-as-a-code
- Hands-on experience in building enterprise grade CI/CD pipelines
- Hands on design and data modelling on complex enterprise environments and Cloud enablers
We want you on board if in addition to the above you have:
- Experience working with Big Data Technologies (Spark, Cloud SQL, Big Query) preferably in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience working with operations and architecture groups developing scalable and supportable solutions
- Experience working in other cloud native environments (AWS/Azure) will be highly desirable
- A reputation for being a strong problem solver that delivers quality solutions and outcomes.
Arq Group is the dynamic space for smart thinkers. We create unforgettable experiences, solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end solutions for businesses, big and small…. from design thinking to customer solutions, leading mobile, cloud and analytical insights, digital marketing, to web design. We are Australia’s leading digital partner, powering the growth of businesses, big and small.
At Arq you’ll find a true work-life balance. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support. Sound like the place for you? Then tell us why you’re the one for us.