Digital Solutions Architect - Melbourne
Digital Technologies – Digital /
Arq Group changes the way businesses do business. From award winning mobile apps, cloud and analytical insights, to design thinking and digital marketing. We define, design and create products and solutions that solve problems, big and small. Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Digital Solutions.
We create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others can't. We do this by hiring the best people out there!
We are hiring a Digital Solutions Architect to join us and provide direction and specialist knowledge in applying appropriate technology and applications to our clients. This includes the facilitation of customer product/application understanding through thought leadership, presentations, demonstrations, POC’s and benchmarks and provision of support throughout the selling cycle.
The role will focus on large and complex Enterprise customer opportunities, defining creative solutions that meet our customers’ business needs.
A typical day would most likely include some or all of the following:
- Designing and defining high level solutions for new ventures / products for both corporate and start-up/scale up businesses
- Working with stakeholder group and potential clients throughout the pre-sales process to gather and understand the technology challenges and requirements for new opportunities
- Leading the internal stakeholders (pursuit, sales, product team) and client by educating them on best practice and leading them on the emerging technology
- Demonstrating creativity, innovation and ethical thinking in applying solutions for the benefit of the customer/stakeholder
- Communicating the cost-benefit-risk trade-offs as well as relevant architecture decision to the business
- Defining a solution architecture that encompasses changes to service, process, organisation, and operating models. Architecture definition must demonstrate how business requirements are met, any requirements which are not fully met, and any options or considerations which require a business decision
We think you’ll thrive in this role if you posses:
- Experience with Architecture Styles including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Microservices and Enterprise Application Integration domains.
- Strong understanding of architecture domains (e.g., based on TOGAF and ArchiMate specifications), Serverless design and development
- Experience in implementing architecture artefacts to define assessment/test models for a given solution
- Strong knowledge of cloud native solutions (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- API design and development experience within Large to Enterprise size organisations
- Proficiency in one of the server-side languages such as Node, Python etc.
- Excellent technical knowledge of a range of different platforms we develop with including mobile, IoT, AR/VR, Cloud Infrastructure, Experience Management Platform, Web Services, Machine Learning, AI
- Pragmatic solution skills that can adjust the solution approach to business needs
- General understanding of IT/Digital Transformation and how it can impact proposed solutions to businesses that are going through transformation.
- Hands-on experience in implementing architecture artefacts to define assessments/test models for a given solution
Arq Group is the dynamic space for smart thinkers. We create unforgettable experiences, solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end solutions for businesses, big and small…. from design thinking to customer solutions, leading mobile, cloud and analytical insights, digital marketing, to web design. We are Australia’s leading digital partner, powering the growth of businesses, big and small.
At Arq you’ll find a true work-life balance. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support. Sound like the place for you? Then tell us why you’re the one for us.