Senior Cloud Architect (Melbourne)
Digital Technologies – Cloud /
Arq Group changes the way businesses do business. From award winning mobile apps, cloud and analytical insights, to design thinking and digital marketing. We define, design and create products and solutions that solve problems, big and small. Arq Group are Australia’s leading experts in Digital Solutions.
We create technology. We partner with our clients to solve problems others can't. We do this by hiring the best people out there!
For our Senior Cloud Architects, no two days are the same. The blend of client focus, internal dialogues and technical community engagement means that this role is ideal for those who find their satisfaction in a broad range of work tasks.
A typical day would most likely include some or all of the following;
- Meeting with new customers and leading technology/business discussions whilst advising on current/future state architectural vision, roadmaps, case for change, organisational impact and migration methodology.
- Guiding our customers along a path through an ever-changing and complex world with a practical approach.
- Evaluating and undertaking impact analysis on major design options whilst assessing and managing associated risks.
- Using your relationship building capability to undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognise and manage contextual issues
- Constructively challenging ways of thinking and doing.
- Producing proposals for clients that include Total Cost of Ownership details and recommendations on implementation processes.
- Responding to RFP’s and RFI’s
- Collaborating with regional delivery teams from Sales & PreSales, Program Delivery, Technology Capability and Digital Experience
- Providing input to the ongoing development of our capabilities and solutions to ensure we retain our leadership position in our target markets
- Mentoring less experienced team members.
- Obtaining and retaining the appropriate technical certifications, qualifications and skills to deliver on customer digital solutions
- Providing thought leadership back into the technical community through Blogs, Webinars or even presenting at Conferences.
- Providing support and engineering leadership to the teams and individuals you work with through the selling cycle.
- Being the servant leader who enables and empowers others by providing your time and guidance as much as possible.
- The role will focus on large and complex Enterprise customer opportunities meaning the creative solutions you design will have major impacts on our customers’ businesses.
We think you’ll thrive in this role if you posses:
- High level written and verbal communication skills.
- A natural affinity for solving problems.
- Demonstrated ability as a Senior Architect who can combine a deep understanding of business processes, industry best practices and architectural patterns to deliver great customer outcomes.
- Demonstrated technical expertise and success in building and developing customer solutions across digital technology with domain specialisation in either Cloud, Analytics, and Mobile.
- Proven ability to drive engagement and retention within a client facing organisation.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications, skills and/or experience in technology, business administration or related fields
- Ability to identify system, infrastructure and project interdependencies and balance competing demands to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
Our must have skills and experience are;
- AWS or Azure at least 3 - 5 years +
- Paas/Iaas/Saas experience
- 8 – 10 years + Industry Experience
- AWS Professional or Azure Expert Certifications
In addition you should have expert level technical capability across at least 2 of these areas;
- Data Engineering/Data Science
- Application Development
- Computer Science
- SAP or ERP systems
- GCP or Azure
- Cloud Migrations, Cloud Economics
Arq Group is the dynamic space for smart thinkers. We create unforgettable experiences, solve complex challenges, and provide seamless, end-to-end solutions for businesses, big and small…. from design thinking to customer solutions, leading mobile, cloud and analytical insights, digital marketing, to web design. We are Australia’s leading digital partner, powering the growth of businesses, big and small.
At Arq you’ll find a true work-life balance. You’ll be part of a sincere team that’s all about diversity, equality, teamwork and mutual support. Sound like the place for you? Then tell us why you’re the one for us.