Sr/Staff Radar Algorithms Engineer
Palo Alto, California /
Array Labs is building a distributed radar imaging constellation to power the first accurate, real-time 3D map of the world.
As a radar algorithms engineer on the image formation team, you will have the unique opportunity to develop innovative algorithms and processing techniques for the first orbital MIMO radar imaging system. In this critical role, you will be collaborating with the algorithms, hardware, software, and product engineering teams to rapidly advance image formation techniques from concept to a cloud-based imagery production pipeline.
- Develop tomographic synthetic aperture radar algorithms to create high-quality 3D data-products
- Work closely with the software product team to implement and deploy efficient algorithms in our cloud-based image production pipeline
- Create tools for predicting the performance of 3D reconstruction algorithms based on image collection geometry
- Collaborate with the product team to understand customer use-cases and translate needs into system-level requirements.
- Generate test plans and methods to validate product quality and ensure it meets end-user expectations
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, physics, or related field
- 6+ years of experience in SAR digital signal processing and algorithm development
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills
- Learns new concepts rapidly, completely, and in a self-directed manner
- High levels of self-motivation and personal accountability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under significant time constraints
- Proficient in MATLAB, C/C++, and/or Python
- US citizen or permanent resident (green card)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Master’s degree in electrical engineering with emphasis in radar image formation and/or digital signal processing
- 4+ years of experience deploying radar algorithms into production pipelines
- 4+ years of experience in signal processing for tomographic SAR and/or interferometric SAR
- 4+ years of experience working with multi-static or multi-channel radar systems
- Experience working with standards-based radar data formats (CPHD, SICD)
- Experience adapting radar algorithms for parallel processing environments
- Experience with stochastic and adaptive signal processing techniques
- Experience extracting insights from SAR data products via AI/ML techniques
- Knowledge of radar phenomenology from complex scattering environments at fine spatial resolutions
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Array Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made on the basis of merit, competence, and job qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by gender, color, race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, religion, age, gender identity, veteran status, disability status, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
We will conduct three interviews via Zoom; the typical process takes around 2-4 weeks to complete from start to finish.
Hiring and Compensation Strategy
Our hiring and compensation strategy is simple:
1) find uncommonly good people
2) pay them uncommonly well
You can anticipate competitive pay, with high flexibility between salary and equity-based compensation.
Why you should join Array Labs
Array Labs is launching a constellation of satellites to create the first high-resolution, real-time, three-dimensional model of Earth. Our next-generation satellite technology will offer image quality 60x greater than traditional techniques, profoundly expanding humanity’s ability to understand and respond to events on a global scale.
In forging an affordable, accessible, accurate representation of Earth, our work has the potential to transform the face of dozens of fields, including autonomy, telecommunications, disaster relief, gaming, climate science, defense and construction.