Scala/Java - Senior Developer
Robotics – OCS Team /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We’ve assembled some of the finest minds in software, engineering, AI and robotics. We are seeking a Scala/ Java - Senior Developer at our office in Berlin.
The main goal is to create Distributed Fault-Tolerant Middleware. It will coordinate all the robotic operations on the factory: from the interaction between a robotic arm and various sensors to the requirements projection onto the real distributed sequence of robots’ actions.
In our work, we use cutting-edge technologies and approaches: Scala/Akka, Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Akka Streams. As for data analysis, it is entirely up to the team to choose which methods and tools to use. We are in continuous research and development, nothing written in stone yet. You can have an influence on the decisions and technologies to use.
- BlackBoard - storage, based on modern in-memory approaches;
- A multi-agent system for managing operations;
- A knowledge base of technological operations with declarative semantics;
- Rule engine based system for an algorithm selection;
- Factory monitoring tools (Complex Event Processing).
Therefore, as a part of the team, you will create a new core technology for all the projects and for the whole industry.
- Proficiency with Java or Scala Core (3+ years);
- Strong knowledge of SQL (2+ years);
- Extensive experience in enterprise development (2+ years);
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structures;
- Experience with git/maven;
- Fluency in English.
We’d love it if you have:
- Experience in Akka, GridGain/Ignite, Hadoop/Spark;
- Understanding of distributed systems main concepts;
- Knowledge of multi-agent systems;
- Basic knowledge of rule-based engines;
- Experience in building high load systems;
- Experience in Linux (as a power user).
What we offer:
- To join highly scientific-intensive culture and take part in developing the unique product;
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches;
- Yearly educational budget - we support your ambitions to learn;
- Relocation package - we would like to make your start as smooth as possible;
- Flexible working environment - choose your working hours and equipment.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.