Senior QA Automation Engineer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Communication Platform /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation engineer to join the Communication Platform team - a multifunctional, loaded embedded device that aggregates information from all controllers inside the vehicle and transmits data to recipients in real time.
What you will do:
- Scheduling and decomposing issues in JIRA Description and development of test methods in JIRA.
- Automation of functional testing techniques.
- Development of non-functional testing techniques.
- Formation of criteria for the success of the tasks of our own and colleagues of the product team.
- Formalizing defects, prioritizing defects and tasks.
- Refactoring of the existing base of automated tests, development of existing testing tools.
- Performing tasks to integrate automated tests into development pipelines.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Successful work experience as a Software Quality Control Engineer - at least 2 years.
- Understanding the attributes of the quality of software products (functionality, support, scaling, fault tolerance, etc.).
- Experience in using scripting languages (Python, bash, etc.).
- Confident Linux user.
- Tool skills: Jenkins, gitlab, JIRA.
- Ability to work in a team, the ability to work with large amounts of information.
- Knowledge of English is at least intermediate level (reading technical documentation, preparing test documentation, conducting working correspondence).
- Interest in the embedded platform.
An additional benefit will be:
- Experience with embedded devices.
- Experience in an automotive project.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.