HW Test Engineer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – BMS /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an experienced HW Test Engineer to join the Battery Management Systems (BMS) development team, whose tasks include the development of the entire product vertical: from device design, printed circuit boards, system software (C) to battery management algorithms (Matlab) for electric vehicles developed by ARRIVAL.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Work at the junction of application level software, system level and hardware;
- Ensuring quality control of the entire system (BMS, batteries, their loaders, controller firmware) in conjunction with related equipment;
- Development of functional and non-functional tests;
- Analysis of the results obtained, prioritization and registration of defects;
- Test documentation maintenance in the test accounting system;
- Setting up / expanding the test environment (including the assembly of stands);
- Working with technical documentation in English.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in testing Embedded devices;
- Knowledge of testing theory and test design;
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering (at the level of reading circuit diagrams);
- Skill in working with laboratory equipment (power supplies, oscilloscope, multimeter);
- Understanding and experience with low-level communication interfaces (CAN, SPI, I2C, UART);
- Knowledge of any of the programming languages at the initial level.
Nice to Have:
- Understanding the basic principles of battery operation.
- Knowledge of circuitry;
- Experience in hardware testing;
- Knowledge / experience with python;
- Test automation experience;
- Understanding CI / CD;
- Knowledge of test types and their purpose (MIL, SIL, PIL, HIL);
- Knowledge of Matlab, Simulink, Simulink Test (we will teach you to the minimum required level);
- Experience with version control system (we use Perforce, but if you have worked with Git / SVN, Perforce is easy to master);
- Experience in working with a task manager (we have Jira), experience in Agile / Scrum.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.