Lead C++ Engineer
Saint-Petersburg Yasnaya Polyana /
Mobile Robotics – Mobile Robotics Lab /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and development of our core robotics control software in modern C++, including on-board software and operations control software;
- Providing technical leadership in evaluation and implementation of technologies and work across teams as a Systems Engineer to be effective;
- Contribute to the maintenance, testing, and deployment of our robots;
- Contribute to the development of our human-robot interfaces;
- Contribute to the development of safety-critical solutions.
Skills and experience - Must have:
- Hardware experience in one or more areas: Electro-mechanical systems (motor drives, sensors), cameras, ASICs, micro-controllers, general purpose computing boards (raspberry Pi, NVidia Jetson);
- 5+ years of experience in an professional environment;
- C++ versions (11 and 14 are okay, but preferably 17 or 20) and Python;
- Product-level code experience (scalability based software);
- Structured and independent working style;
- Strong social and verbal/written/presentational skills;
- Ability to adjust priorities with technical expertise and manage time wisely in a fast-paced, dynamic environment;
- Masters in robotics, computer science, machine learning or closely related field or PhD degree.
Nice to have:
- Machine learning, robot perception, autonomous navigation, computer vision, sensor fusion technologies;
- Real-time / embedded software development;
- Experience with designing, building and deploying scalable, distributed, highly available systems;
- 3D game or simulation programming experience (e.g. Unreal Engine, Gazebo);
- Motor control;
- ROS (Robot Operating System).
What we offer:
- Join the highly scientific-intensive culture;
- Take part in developing a unique product;
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches;
- Yearly educational budget – we support your ambitions to learn;
- Flexible working environment – choose your working hours and equipment.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.