Senior C++ Developer/Unreal Engine 4 Developer
Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – Autonomous Driving /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
The ADS (autonomous driving systems) team is developing an AI system for both public roads and racing infrastructure, as we are a partner and a member of Roborace: we develop control programs for Robocar (an all-electric and fully autonomous racing car) and also work on ADAS development.
We are currently looking for an experienced C++ developer to join our Simulator Team who develop our product based on the Unreal Engine 4 for AD/ADAS features testing.
- Develop physical vehicle models;
- Develop sensor models (IMU, Radars, Cameras, Lidars, GPS);
- Develop a simulation environment (external world, agents, behaviour scenarios, scene elements synchronization, etc.);
- Work to improve the Simulator performance.
Expertise and skills required:
- Proven skills in C ++ development;
- Deep understanding of the Object Oriented Programming principles and data structures;
- Experience in development for one of the graphics engines UE4/ Unity/ CryEng;
- Experience in Unreal Engine 4 development would an advantage.
- Understanding of sensor operation (IMU, GNSS, Radar, Lidar, Wheel Encoder) would be an advantage.
- Experience in Level design would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of one of the 3D modelling packages (3ds max, maya, blender ) would be an advantage.
- Command of English at the Intermediate level, sufficient for reading technical literature and scientific articles and communicating with foreign counterparts.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.