Clojure/Clojure Script Developer (Simulator project)
Service Platform – Service Platform /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are seeking a Clojure/ClojureScript developer to join the team of “Time Machine & Simulations” product. “Time Machine & Simulations” is a part of a global solution named “Arrival Service Platform” that we develop a useful software tool for simulating the life cycle in various operating conditions any assets (from charging station to vehicles and Jets) up to 10 years in the future. One of the tasks is to make at the same time a convenient and powerful simulation tool with flexible adjustments for issues and a business of user.
- The developer will be responsible for development part of the simulation module. The developer will work on both backend (incl. "Datomic" data base) and frontend parts (reagent, re-frame). During development, you will need to use the Rule engine and integrate with external systems. The complex software tool is planned to be constantly improved and to increase multidirectional functionality.
To qualify, we expect the candidate to have:
- 1+ years of professional development experience with ClojureScript;
- 1+ years of professional development experience with Clojure or Lisp;
- Professional development experience with Java or C++ (is a plus);
- Knowledge of English at the upper intermediate+ level;
We’d love it if you have:
· A hunger to learn.
· A huge desire to achieve.
· The ability to work in a fast moving meritocracy where every employee looks to constantly improve themselves and their company.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.