QA Automation Engineer
Robotics – OCS Team /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
About the project:
- The main goal is to create Distributed Fault-Tolerant Middleware. It will coordinate all the robotic operations on the factory: from the interaction between a robotic arm and various sensors to the requirements projection onto the real distributed sequence of robots’ actions.
We use the following tech stack in testing:
- Java 11, JUnit 5, Gradle, Git, Jenkins CI on Kubernetes, Gatling.
- testing new features for our team’s products - creating test cases, test automation, investigating and reporting bugs, etc;
- creating automated tests for existing features, maintaining and refactoring existing tests;
- participating in e2e and integration testing;
- working with test documentation;
- managing test environments and CI/CD infrastructure.
- proficiency with Java (1+ year);
- good expertise in software testing automation (3+ years);
- excellent knowledge of software testing techniques;
- understanding of client - server architecture and RESTful API;
- experience with Git;
- ability to read technical documentation in English.
Nice to have:
- understanding of performance testing and proficiency with performance testing tools (Gatling, jMeter, Yandex Tank, etc);
- experience with Docker, Kubernetes, configuring Jenkins with Groovy DSL;
- knowledge of Linux;
- proficiency with Gradle.
What we offer:
- To join highly scientific-intensive culture and take part in developing the unique product;
- The ability to choose technology stack and approaches;
- Yearly educational budget - we support your ambitions to learn;
- Relocation package - we would like to make your start as smooth as possible;
- Flexible working environment - choose your working hours and equipment.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.