Saint-Petersburg Lakhta-Olgino /
Technology – HMI Platform /
At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world's leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
We are looking for an experienced Engineer to bring-up computing devices of our own design for the Human Machine Interface (HMI) team, which creates a driver-vehicle interaction system (dashboard, on-board computer, infotainment).
What you will do
- Bring-up of developed electronic products: porting firmware (Android, Linux, RTOS), writing programs for testing hardware;
- Verification of technical characteristics, evaluation and optimization of performance;
- Review of circuitry, design.
Skills & Qualifications
- Development experience for Linux (Android) Kernel;
- Excellent knowledge of C/C ++;
- Experience in developing embedded software and debugging projects on real hardware using hardware development tools (debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.). The ability to use a soldering-iron.
- Understanding the principles of digital and analog circuitry: memory, USB, FPDLink, power converters, static protection, etc.
- Experience in developing programs for MK for RTOS and bare metal.
- Ability to read and understand electronic circuits.
- Knowledge of English at a level not lower than Pre-Intermediate, sufficient for reading technical documentation / written communication.
Nice to have
- Experience in the development of electronic devices (circuitry, PCB tracing).
- Conversational English.
- Knowledge of automotive CAN interface.
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.